Chapter 4 ~ Should I remember someone?

<<Present time in Y/n's POV>>

Now 21, I walk in the forest, searching for food. In my full netherite armor and enchanted tools, I feel unbeatable. Only 10 years ago was I living in a village full of people who were afraid. I can't quite remember why though.

Neither do I remember why I was kicked out. It seemed to me that I've moved on from the fact that they didn't want me there. And I proved it. I proved to them I could live on my own. Oh, how the tables have turned, I thought.

I have no home and I've been traveling for years, gathering materials, as I go. I improved my fighting and I've learned how to create my own tools and armor. I was perfectly fine.

Emerging from the forest with no success I see something from the corner of my eye.

A wall.

A big wall, made from blackstone, with yellow accents up top. Does someone live here? I've been trying to find some sort of civilization for years, that isn't a village.

It was getting close to sunset and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing, but I approached the wall. And as I get closer, I feel the urge to turn around and shoot, as if someone was watching me.

I then hear the rustling from behind me, as I swiftly turn around. Nothing. Being cautious and as quiet as I could ever be, I turn around again, to bump into someone's chest.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" A deep, but very familiar voice says. I look up tp see a pair of brown eyes, but before I could take a closer look at his other features, he grabs me by the shoulder, dragging me into the gates.

He shoves me to the ground, as he shuts the gates behind him. What's going on? I was debating on whether I should attack or stay where I was, but he was already coming towards me. Crouching down to my level, he looks me in the eyes.

"Are you from the enemy?" He asked in a deep and very monotone voice. He was in some sort of uniform, that looked like they were made in the 1700's. "I- I- I- Don't know. Am I?" I asked, confused. What enemy?

I wasn't gonna hurt him if he won't hurt me. "Take off your armor." He said. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but I oblige and take off my helmet, revealing my face and my H/C hair. As soon as he saw my face in full view, his jaw immediately dropped, like he had saw a ghost.

I take a closer look at his face and it all seemed really familiar, but no name came to mind. "Y- Y/n?" The man in a dark blue uniform said. "H- How do you know my name?" I ask nervously, as I begin backing away, getting ready to pull out my sword.

"I- It's me." He said. There was a moment of silence among the both of us, before he seemed to read my expression that asked for itself. "Wilbur." He continued.

My face immediately dropped just like his. Does he mean my brother, Wilbur? After kicked out by my own brother, he was the first ever person I bump into in 10 years. He looked so much more different than when I last saw him. He's much taller and his eyes seemed to be more vibrant.

His hair stayed the same, as it was and he looked like he's learned a lot more in the past years. He looked smarter and a lot more stable. But at the same time, he looked washed out, like he had no sleep in days.