Chapter 14 ~ Hidden love and an unpredictable loss.

It's silent for a few moments and I haven't moved one bit. "I'm surprised you aren't backing up away from me like how you usually do." I then realize how I'm on the ground while he's standing up, just like those 2 times we've spoken to each other which now seems to be 3.

He takes out his hand, holding it in front of me and I take it, not even thinking twice, as he pulls me up. "Thank you..." I say quietly, still shocked with what just went on in the last 2 minutes. "What are you doing here?" He asks and I look up at him, realizing how close we are.

I back up. "What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to even see him here. "I asked you first." He says and I sigh, hesitating for a moment before telling him. "Finding for iron." I tell him shortly.

Every time I tell myself I shouldn't be talking to him I end up doing so. "Following you." He tells me and I look up. Of course he did. "You what?!" I ask. I don't know for how long, but just the thought of him following me makes me wanna stay within the walls of L'manburg forever.

"You heard me." He says and begins to walk towards me. "And if I wouldn't have, you would've died." He has a point and now I don't know if I would've preferred to have had him follow me or not. "Why'd you save me?" That question was out the blue.

I didn't mean to ask him, but I guess my curiosity just got the better of me. "What was I meant to do?" He asks. I think for a moment, not knowing what my first instinct would be if I were to see someone fall into a ravine. "Leave me for dead." I say and it sounds like a question when I say it.

He chuckles and I can almost hear his smirk from under that mask to which he adjusts, leaving his mouth uncovered. And I was right. He was smirking. "No." He says bluntly and I'm not sure what to do now.

We aren't in such good terms, but he hasn't tried to kill me yet. Or at least I think so. "Are you thirsty? There's a river near by." He tells me. I'm not sure if I should be trusting him, but I did last night, so I nod, not seeing much of anything to do.

He starts to walk away and I follow him. It's quiet for a moment, before I decide to break the silence. "So, you gonna say something?" I ask. I'm not sure if I should bring up his axe just yet, scared he'll accuse me for stealing it.

"Is Tommy alright?" I'm surprised how he's his concern, but I'm not complaining. "He's awake." I say, not wanting to say too much. "Is he being annoying?" I don't know why he asked, but I giggle and nod. "He must be alright then." He says, grinning.

I smile at the thought, before he says something else. "Since you don't have a name, do you think I can call you something of my own?" I'm not quite sure what he means, but as long as it isn't my own name then I guess it's fine. "Depends on what you decide to call me." I tell him.

"Alright then, dummy." He says and playfully hit his side. "You can't call me that!" I say, giggling. I can see him smiling. "You're just mad. Maybe a little flustered too." He says and I wanna say I'm not, but my cheeks are hot and I'm sure their red as well.

"I'm not." I tell him. "Well it's too late now, dummy. We're here." He says with that stupid smirk. "I- Never mind." I groan and begin to walk towards the river, now realizing I'm wearing a mask and he seems to read my mind. "I'll turn around." He says.

I huff and playfully roll my eyes at the thought and began to remove my mask, before cupping some water in my hands and drinking it. 

I turn around with my mask back on shaking off my drenched hands. "You didn't have to turn around you know." I tell him. He wouldn't have saw my face when it'd be facing away from me. "I wear a mask too and trust me, I had to." He tells me, now turning around to face me.