Chapter 22 ~ I want you.

~Y/n's POV~

I sigh and wrap the last bandage around one of the cuts on his arm. "I better go. It's late." I tell him, standing myself up from the edge of his bed where he lays. "You don't have to go." And here he goes again, clinging onto me like I'm a magnet.

"They'll look for me if I'm not back by midnight." I lie. I've been out past midnight many times and all those times I did, I was with Dream. And I know Dream knows that, so I don't even know why I bothered saying it. "You aren't even supposed to be on patrol tonight." He says.

"And what makes you think you know that?" I ask, crossing my arms, looking at him laid on the bed showing absolutely no pain. "Don't think that I don't know your schedule. Fundy is supposed to be on patrol tonight, not you." Of course he keeps track of my schedule.

I wonder how much more he knows about me. "And that's exactly why I need to get back." I explain. I don't know if I wanna stay or not, but I've never been in here before and I honestly don't know if I can completely trust him or not.

For all I know, Dream's men still despises L'manburg like we're some kind of threat and we might be, but Dream doesn't consider me as one. At least that's what I like to think. I wanna be trusted, but it's hard when you can barely even trust yourself.

"I'll cover for you if they come in looking." He'll cover for me? Dream, the so called monster is going to cover for me? He's going to cover for an outsider? I'm not from here and I feel like I should remind him, but I don't. "May I ask, why?" I ask.

I'm confused, frazzled and surprised all at the same time. I may have helped him, but what makes him think I won't try to kill him in his sleep? Would a guy so fierce, intimidating and strong, trust his former enemy? I mean it's possible, but doesn't he think of what I could do?

"I know what you're thinking." I tilt my head and look at his masked face. "You can trust me, you know that, right?" I don't say anything and look at him like he's someone else. Someone I don't know. "I trust you." His voice goes quiet and soft, like it'll hurt me if he's too loud.

"And what makes you think I won't hurt you?" My voice is stern and I don't wanna be mad at him, but it's not him I'm mad at. I'm mad at the trust he has for me. I wouldn't try to hurt Dream, but this seems off.

"Because you like me too much." He crosses him arms over his chest and there appears the smug smirk on his face. What he's saying isn't true. I don't like him and I never will. At least that's what I like to think. I like him, but I don't want too.

How does he even know that? He says things like he can read my mind, but I can barely read him when he acts like he's someone I don't know. "I don't." I lie, again. I like being with him, but I hate myself more and more with each new lie that rolls from my tongue.

I know I can't hide the truth from him. But I can't help it when when my lips are a curse, full of everything, but the truth. Everything I say is fabricated, coated in sugar when in the inside is spoiled and horrible.

"You don't have to lie to me, you know that, right?" He stands up and I step back, leaving some space between us. I wanna tell him to lay back down and rest, but I can't speak, like something's preventing me from doing so.

"Time doesn't measure trust, dummy." He's using that nickname again. It's been a while since he has. He takes a step forward and reaches up for my face, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear, planting his other hand on my cheek, over my mask.