Chapter 44 ~ And what if I were hell?

~Dream's POV~

It sounds cliché. Soulmates. That shouldn't be an actual thing. It's an expression, not something associate yourself with. She's my soulmate, I might tell someone. They could tell me it's cute, but no. Not in the way you're thinking. She's actually my soulmate.

As in, our souls are connected somehow. Tied together like strings. Like a twin flame, but one that will last forever. An energy that is bound to be together, despite the ocean in between us. I'm going to have to let her go. But knowing we're meant to be together makes that even harder.

Is it soulmates over family? Or is it the other way around? If only there was a legend like DreamXD's that could tell me what I should put first. Is it your soul over flesh and blood? Flesh that will soon rot? Blood that will soon die? Or a soul that stays even in the afterlife?

Do you put your brother over a man who caused your death? And maybe this whole time, I was wrong. She never killed herself. She never ran away because of me that night. She never left me. She was right here. This whole time, she was right here with me.

And it makes sense as to why it feels like I never even existed before her. Like she made me who I am today. And by her, I am forever undone. My sun will rise and set with her smile, and her smile only. I just hope hers doesn't rise and set with mine.

I'm going to have to learn how to not want her. But I need her. I have for 10 fucking years. And it could easily be fate who told me to feel that way, but a love as strong as mine for her can't tell me that I don't need her. 

I'm the guy who will love her more than anyone ever will. I'm the guy who will walk through the ends of the earth for her. I'm the guy who will kiss her good night every night, and good morning every morning. I'm supposed to be that guy.

But I can't be that. Not even for my own soulmate. I promised her everything. And that is why I'm the villain. But that doesn't mean I'll stop waiting for her to vow her undying love for me. I grab my mask, hopping out the window, climbing down the vines.

I'll wait for as long as time will let me.

<<Dream's POV>>

I bang on the mountain door, waiting for anyone to open up, and when someone does, I don't waste time. The faster I get this done, the easier I can let Y/n go. "She's alive." I tell the man who had opened the door which happens to be Tommy.

It's been a while since I last saw him. "She has been since last night." He's looking at me with eyes pointing lasers right at me. He must be confused as to why I'm telling him this when he knows I want her, but it was part of the deal.

That stupid deal. He steps to the side, inviting me in. It's a lot different than it was when I last came here. I look around, but not before I hear a gasp from behind me. I turn around, and I've never seen anyone like the man in front of me before.

"Dream!" His colorless, ghostly, echoey frame call out. He comes in for a hug, but it doesn't take long before I push him away. "You look sad. Have some blue!" He holds out his palms with what I assume is blue.

But not before dropping it to the ground, gasping in excitement. "Oh! Oh! Oh! Have you met Friend?" His cold hand meets mine, as he begins to drag me down the steps of Pogtopia. He takes me into a room, and there stands a blue sheep.

He let's go of my hand, making his way to Friend, making cooing noises. "What a great Friend you are!" I stand there, not knowing what to do. Is this who I think he is? "It's Wilbur." Tommy says from behind me, and I turn around to face him. He's talking to me.