Chapter 36 ~ The other version of myself.

<<Day of the festival Y/n's POV>>

I'm running, now running for life. It's right before noon, and I'm making my way to the river in the white glittery dress that no longer has to go to waste. I enter the forest, and there I see the river in the distance. The same one Dream had taken me to.

~Time skip Dream's POV~

And there she stood. In the middle of the forest, looking up at the trees, oblivious of what's coming for her. She stands upon me, now looking back. "Dream!" She yells and runs to pull in for a hug, causing me to stumble back a little.

She's clingy, innocent, distracting, annoying. She basically hasn't changed one bit since the last time I saw her. At least not yet, she isn't in the color I want her in. But she'll change soon, I'll be sure of it. "Hey..." She pulls out the hug and continues. "What's wrong?" She asks.

I was her concern. "Nothing... Just missed you." I say, snaking my arm around her waist and pulling her in. She giggles with both her arms around my neck and her head by my chest. But, as we sway back and forth, I'm thinking about the little surprise I have instore for her.

And when I least expect it, she pulls back again. "Are you sure you're okay?" And there it is again. I was still her concern. "Yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about it." I reassure her, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

I can see her smile beneath that mask and I honestly feel really guilty. Guilty that she put herself in this position. "What happened? It hasn't even been a few hours yet. Why are you here?" She asks.

"The festival isn't over yet." I say, walking past her, to the point where it looks like the forest never ends. Little does she know how much I've been through these forests. And how much I know about them. How I made them.

"Well, shouldn't you be out there?" She asks. I turn around now walking back towards her and slowly placing a hand over her cheek. "Like I said." Now grabbing her waist with my other hand, I pull her close. "I missed you."

I whisper into her ear, before pulling away. She walks aimlessly towards a tree and leans her back against it. "You came all this way..." She kicks the dirt beneath her feet. "Just to see me?" She asks, flushed.

"Just to see you." I repeat, walking towards her, to the point that I practically pin her to the tree. "Well..." She says, looking down at her feet that shift from one to another. "What about your friends? Will they be alright?" She asks, looking back up.

"I have my priorities." I say, planting both my hands on both sides of her head.

She giggles, before stopping herself, as time stops around her. This is where her life flips upside down. She was too vulnerable and she fell for what she thought was me, but what actually was my trap.

My trap to end her life.

Who knew love could be so easy to fake. Mistaking someone's heart for betrayal is what makes love so scary. But I don't blame her for any of it, because at the same time, I never loved her. Not once.

Dream did.

I bring the tip of my blade to her chest, and it pins her onto the tree for me. I planned to do this at a better time, but I don't have that kind of self control. It was hard not to. But I'm doing this for a reason. I'm doing this for Dream.

The Dream who's been loving the same woman for years. The Dream who was too lost in her so called starry eyes to even focus on his real priorities.

"Dream." She says, breathing heavily. This is a lot easier than I thought, knowing she knew how to fight, I'm surprised by her lack of attempts. There's 27 ways to get out of her position and it's hard to believe that she doesn't know one of them. Or maybe she does.