Chapter 49

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,805 words}

(Third Person Point of View)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's okay, Mikasa. Eren will understand. If we just talk to him, he will understand." Armin said.

Hange, Luciana, Mikasa and Armin are now on their way to Stohess. Onyankopon is also coming with them. The MPS are following behind them. They will have a meeting with the Garrison soldiers and Hizuru.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Including Floch Forster, about 100 soldiers have escaped from their cells, and disappeared along with their jailors. It seems that they have defected at the same time that Eren broke free. They must have been the ones that committed the bombing in HQ and murdered the commander-in- chief." Commander Nile said.

The Azumabitos are now present, and listening to the urgent called meeting of the Paradis Island military. "This is not good...they have formed an anti military pro subversion organization, we can call them the "Jaeger faction." Or the "Jaegerist." Nile Dok added.

"And we all know what their goal must be, don't we, commander Hange?" Nile asked the brunette.

"Their goal must be to bring Eren and Zeke together. And to commit a purge in the army with Eren as the new leader. They killed the commander-in- chief to demonstrate their agenda." Hange said.

"But how were they...how were the Jaeger faction able to coordinate their actions in such a short time? And the fact that they're supporting Eren, does that mean they trust Zeke's intentions?" Roeg asked.

Luciana shook her head. "They trust Eren, who in turn trusts Zeke. More than anything we think they distrust us, the army's top brass, for not moving forward just because we were suspicious of Zeke. But, the bottom line is that if it's true that there is no future for Eldians unless we activate the Jaeger brothers' earth-flattening weapon...then it really is the army that has been wasting precious time and gambling away with Eldian lives. It's not surprising that many soldiers thought this way, which led them to rebel...I think that the trigger for their actions was the fact that, the army was making arrangements to transfer the power of the founding titan from Eren to another soldier." Cian said.

Luciana stared at the MPs with a deadpan serious look. "Without even informing the survey corps." She said.

The MPs stayed silent for a few moments. Eventually, Nile spoke breaking the silence. "That is because...we know what would happen if we did inform you."

Luciana's lips quirked. Until now, we still can't have a good relationship with the MPs. And they're still getting on my nerves. Luciana thought.

"I'm sure you've noticed that the majority of the Jaeger faction are members of the survey corps. Who will take responsibilty for this, commander Hange and vice-commander Luciana?"" Roeg asked.