Chapter 6: Smile

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,960 words}

On that day, the boy remembered with fear that he was subject to their dominance and recalled with shame that the walls around him were a cage.

There he is, Jean Kirstein. Hiding under his blankets while he's lying on his stomach, brows furrowed and gritting his teeth as he sketches a young lady with long raven hair, narrow eyes and a bit smiling face with a slight blush on the cheeks.

Jean's eyes widened when his sweat fell on his sketch, he clicked his tongue and wiped it off but the shade os his sketch ended up getting ruined. He gasped out of shock. "Shit..." He muttered and used an eraser to fixed the damaged shade of his sketch.

He immediately blew the eraser's residue and continued sketching the face of his ideal girl.

Jean became alert when he heard foosteps from outside. Before his door's room could even open, Jean quickly hid his sketchbook and hide himself completely in his blanket.

The door opened and Mrs. Kirstein came barging in while holding a pan with a cooked omelette. "How many times do I have to call you?! It's lunchtime!" Mrs. Kirstein said.

Jean side-eyed his mother. "Knock first, you old hag! What'd you bring that in here for?!" Jean asked angrily, referring to the omelette his mother cooked for him.

Mrs. Kirstein started moving the pan, making the omelette jumped a bit. "Even when I yell, you refuse to come down, so the omelette came up to tell you itself." Mrs. Kirstein said.

Jean got out of his blanket with an angry expression. He glared at his mother. "Just get out, you withered old witch!" Jean said. He got out of his bed and ran towards his mother. He angrily pushed her out of his room, making Mrs. Kirstein looked at him with a hurt look.

Jean slammed the door close. He shut his eyes and ook a deep breath. He looked at the paper of his sketch that he's holding. He opened it and was angry to see that his sketch was ruined. The smiling face of the ideal girl he drew is now gone.

Jean trembled in anger, he suddenly started ripping the paper into pieces. "Goddamn that stupid crone!" He said and threw the pieces of paper, he then walked towards the open window of his room.

I will join the military police and achieve my goal! My goal of securing an easy, danger-free life behind the innermost wall...I will achieve that

Jean thought, as his face showed a determined look.

Spurred on by his dream, the boy left home and survived the grueling military training. Humiliation after humiliation only served to fuel his fire. And two years later, the boy returned to the cage he'd once escaped from.

-Timeskip to year 849-

Luciana and Jean - 17

The other 104th - 14 (except for Sasha, Annie, Reiner, Ymir and Bertholdt)

Sasha, Annie, Bertolt - 15

Reiner - 16

Ymir - unknown

Levi, Erwin, Hange, Moblit, Nanaba and Miche - their age is up to you.
______________________________________

"Apparently, it's appeared again. Someone has to kill it."

"We can't go out hunting with this monster around."

The people of Trost district are looking at the sketch of the colossal boar that was plastered on the wall to give them warning that they should be aware of the colossal boar if they'd even go hunting in the forest.