Chapter 29: If You're Not The One

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,700 words}

- 2 Months Later -

"I don't know." Jean said.

"Yeah." Armin said.

Jean, Armin and Eren are leaning on a small wooden fence while watching Historia chasing the children.

"She's not the queen I expected her to be. She's been wearing the crown for two months now...but she seems more at home running an orphanage than building." Jean said.

"It's Lord Ulrich and the military that's really ruling the walls...so there's no way of hiding the fact that the monarchy is just for show." Armin said. "But do you know what they call Historia on the street?" He asked."The "Cattle-Farming Goddess" They mean it lovingly, of course." Armin said.

Jean nod his head. "Naturally. Tge hero who vanquished an attacking titan turns out to be the most and admirable. I guess she really is a goddess now." Jean said.

He side-eyed Jean and made a funny face. "At this rate, no one's even going to remember who plugged the hole in Trost district, eh?" Jean said.

"One of the reasons Historia made the decision to become queen...was to do this." Eren spoke. The two boys loooked at him. "This?" Armin asked.

"She looked everywhere, from the underground to every corner of the walls...she gathered the orphans and the people in need she found there., brought them to this farm, and started taking care of them. She's using the royal family's budget and the assets seized from politicians to run this place and help the poor. Even captain Levi and major Luciana are backing her up. Well...they're both from the underground, after all. They were concerned about a backlash from the aristocracy at first, but all their resistance did was further strengthen her support among the people. I don't think she'd thought it out quite this far...but she said she was going to find people in trouble, no matter where they were, and go save them. This is what Historia wanted to do." Eren said.

The three boys were suprised when Historia is already walking towards them looking pissed off. She stop in front of them and placed both of her hands on her waist. "Hey, you're slacking again!" Historia said.

She picked up a box and started walking out.

"Can't we take a break...?" Jean asked.

"After we carry all of this. The sun's about to set!" Historia said.

Jean and Armin picked up a box and started walking. They went ahead while Eren and Historia are following behind them. "She's starting to sound like my mom." Jean said.

"A goddess, huh?" Armin said.

"So I hear the hardening experiments are going well?" Historia said.

Eren nod his head. "Yeah. I'm able to block a cave now...but we're not ready for the mission yet. If we don't hurry...they'll come again." Eren said.

Historia looked at him. She stared at Eren for a few moments then looked down. "What do you want to do? What's going to happen if you ever meet Reiner and Bertolt again?"

Eren stayed silent for a few moments. He looked down. "I have to kill them."

"You want to kill them?" Historia asked.

"I...have to..." Eren said.

"I hope we figure it out soon...why this world turned out like this...I can't regret turning down the first king's power." Historia looked at the children running in the field. "The children from the underground have started to smile recently. What we're doing can't be wrong." Historia said.