Chapter 21: First Kiss

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,786 words}

"We finally made it. I don't care why we're too far from civilization!" Jean said while he loads off their wagon full of their daily needs and food supplies from Luciana's father. "Here, Sasha. This one's for you." Jean said and handed Sasha a heavy box. Sasha groaned and took the box.

"What is this? Unh! It's heavy!" Sasha said. She frowned and groaned.

"It's full of potatoes. They're your buddies, right?" Jean said.

Sasha looked at him with annoyance in her face. "What...could you be talking about? I've' forgotten all about it." Sasha said,

Jean carried a sack of rice on his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm sure anyone else in the 104th could remind you." Jean said.

Sasha just frowned and ignored Jean's teasing.

"Still, everything has become so expensive. But thanks to captain Luciana's father we got to have free food supplies. If we lose these food supplies, we're going to starve to death. Delivery here will be hard since we have to stay hidden." Armin said. He has a backpack behind him and is carrying a jar that the author doesn't know what's inside.

The three walked towards their cabin and went inside. They went straight to the kitchen.

"That's right, Sasha. Just try to sneak some food out. Luciana may let you slide but captain Levi will slice you into nice, bite-sized pieces." Jean said.

Sasha gulped. "I wouldn't...probably." She whispered the last part.

"Huh...? Did I just hear you say something else?" Jean asked.

Sasha put down the box on their dining table while Jean put the sack of rice on the floor just beside the table. "We don't need to depend on all these groceries. We can just hunt in these mountains!" Sasha said.

"We can't, Sasha. Even this far out, hunting's still prohibited. If people find us and start talking, what's the point of hiding out here in the first place?" Armin said.

Sasha smiled. "O-okay, I understand...I won't...probably." Sasha whispered the last part again.

"I heard that, potato girl!" Jean said.

"Guys..." Armin, Sasha and Jean looked at Eren who's wearing a bandana and holding a broom. He even has a white cloth tied around his neck that he used to cover his noise. "Did you brush off all the dirt and dust on you before coming in here?" Eren asked.

"What? Of course we didn't. Just look at all this stuff we're carrying. It's pretty obvious we couldn't." Jean said. Connie also arrived and he looks the same like Eren. He also has a bandana, mask and broom. He arrived first before since he left earlier without Levi and Luciana. 

"Do you still not get it? Do you think captain Levi will be satisfied with soldiers who act like that? This morning, too! If I hadn't made your bd, then--"

"Shut up!! Are you my mom or something?!" Jean said in an annoyed tone.

"What's going on here?" Jean, Eren, Connie, and Sasha were shocked when a familiar voice spoke. They looked at who it is and was surprised to see Luciana looking at them with her usual stoic expression. She's carrying a box full of food supplies and it looks heavy. Mikasa and Historia are behind Luciana. The two are holding fire woods.

"We're back." Mikasa said.

"Luciana?! You're back!" Jean said and smiled.

"Did you ride a horse, captain?!" Armin asked.

Luciana nod her head.

"What?!" Jean said in disbelief. "You're not a wild animal! You shouldn't be moving around, too. And why are you carrying a heavy box?! Where's captain Levi? And why are you here?!" Jean said.