Chapter 37: Dear Luciana

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,030 words}

"Jean...should we just run away?"

Jean's brows furrowed. He looked down on Luciana who's eyes are closed and hugging him tight by the waist. He placed his right hand on the back of her head and gently caressed Luciana's hair. "What? What do you mean by that question?" Jean asked.

Luciana didn't answer. Her embrace on Jean became tighter, like she does not want to let him go. Tears formed in the corner of Luciana's eyes. The raven-haired lady then let out a small laugh. "Sorry. That was a strange thing to ask. I think I'm still drunk."

Luciana let go of Jean. She stood up and leaned on her table, and then just stared at the young man who still looks confused by her sudden question.

"Run away? Us? Why are you asking?" Jean asked.

"Nothing. I told you. I'm still drunk." Luciana said then smiled.

Jean raised a brow. He didn't buy Luciana's reason, but the fact that Cian's being weird right now might also be possible that she's still drunk.

Luciana held his face, which stunned him. The raven-haired lady stared straight into his small brown eyes.

Luciana's fingers started to softly trace every outline of his face whilst the smile on her face just remained.

Jean can't help but smile as he stares at Luciana who's busy adoring his face. "I'm assuming that you just fell in love with me even more." Jean said.

Luciana chuckled. She pinched Jean's cheeks too hard that it made the young man to whined in pain. Luciana just laughed at him. "Idiot." Luciana said.

She then let go of Jean's face and turned her back on him. "Will you please clean my office, cadet? I want to have some proper rest." Luciana said.

Jean smirked. Then he salute at Luciana. "Yes, ma'am!" Jean said.

Luciana just smiled a bit.

She walked towards the door going to her room. Luciana was about to open it, but Jean suddenly spoke.

"Luciana, I don't want to run away." Jean said. The smile on Luciana's lips faded. She didn't look back at Jean and just stared at the door knob.

"W-why...?" Luciana asked.

Jean let out a deep sigh. He stared at nowhere while leaning on Cian's table. "Because I'm done being a coward."

Luciana nod her head. She turned the door knob and side-eyed Jean. Luciana flashed a small smile. "Glad to know that my horse-face is not a coward."

Jean chuckled, he stared at Luciana and then smiled at her.

Luciana just smiled back at him.

The raven-haired lady left, leaving Jean alone in her office.

Luciana let out a deep sigh as she closed the door and leaned on it.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "That's right...Jean is not a coward...unlike me." Luciana muttered.

"I'm certain that everyone inside this conference room already knows why we gathered today." Hange spoke. She's standing in the center while both of her hands are placed on the table. Hange's now wearing the black eye-patch that Luciana left for her.

Hange called for a sudden meeting with the whole Levi squad and Floch.

The Levi squad members all look gloomy, especially Jean. Levi is just stoic like his usual self, but annoyance can be seen in his eyes if you really observe the male captain, Floch is just quiet and wondering why they're in a sudden meeting with the commander.