Chapter 4: Dangerous

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,824 words}

-Timeskip to Year 848-

Luciana and Jean - 16

The other 104th - 13 (except for Sasha, Annie, Reiner, Ymir and Bertholdt.)

Sasha, Annie, Bertolt - 14

Reiner - 15

Ymir - Unknown

Levi, Hange, Erwin, Nanaba, Miche and Moblit - Their age is up to you.
______________________________________

"This exercise is a simple one! You may think this will be a walk in the park, even for maggots like you. Well, you're wrong! Whethee in a battle or in peacetime, a soldier is always a soldier! Always retain your readiness to fight, whatever the situation!"

"Do not surrender to boredom! Do not ket tranquility distract you! This exercise is a battle in itself! Do not forget that!" Shadis said.

"Yes, sir!" The 104th trainees responded.

Shadis' standing in front of the 104th trainees, who are lined up in rows and columns. On his back is a large map of the wasteland hanging on a board. And beside him is Luciana who looks bored as usual.

"Luciana. Explain the exercise. Take the lead to group them into two."

Shadis said.

Luciana's lips quivered. She sighed and nod her head. She then looked at the 104th trainees. Her eyes met Jean's eyes. Jean flashed her a small smile.

Luciana clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes at Jean. It made Jean chuckle.

"Okay, brats. Make sure you listen because I won't repeat what I'll say." Luciana said.

"Yes, ma'am!"

"You will navigate the wasteland on horseback within a given time limit, all the while recording the group's progress. Retrieve the object that had been planted in a specified location, and return to base with it. A simple task covering a distance of roughly 80 km in total. After exchanging information at your destination, you are to return to the training camp via the other group's route. Understand?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

Luciana nod. She roamed her eyes to the the 104th trainees. Her eyes landed on Marco. "Marco, steo forward." Luciana said.

"Yes, captain!" Marco said then stepped forward.

Luciana then looked at Thomas. "Thomas, step forward." Cian said.

"Yes, captain!" Thomas said and stepped forward.

Marco and Thomas are standing beside each other.

"Bott and Wagner are the leaders for this exercise. Marco, you lead group 1 and Thomas, you lead group 2." Luciana said.

"Yes, ma'am!" Thomas and Marco both said in unison.

Luciana nod then she looked at Armin.

"Armin, go to Marco's group. You'll be the one to record and evaluate each of your groupmates individual performance." Luciana said to Armin.

"Yes, captain!" Armin said.

Luciana then looked at Mikasa.

"Mikasa, go to Thomas' group. You have the same task with Armin." Luciana said.

"Yes, captain." Mikasa said.

Luciana sighed. She looked at Shadis who's just stoic and observing the trainees. Tch. He can help but he's just standing here. Luciana thought.