Chapter 47

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,430 words}

(Luciana's PoV)

- Year 854 -

"Eren, you pervert! Still in your rebellious stage I see, you idiot!!"

My brows furrowed when I heard Hange furiously shouted at Eren. I was about to go inside and check on what happened, but Hange already came out out looking depressed.

I didn't say anything and just stared at Hange who quietly closed the door and leaned on it. She held her head and looked down. "Erwin...the biggest mistake you made..was to pass the position of the commander to me..." Hange said. All I could do was stay quiet and stared at Hange. I know...

She's been having a hard time...

Ever since Hange became the commander, she became so busy...

And slowly...she lost her energetic and plafuly characteristics...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hange left to have a talk with commander-in-chief Zackly.

While I went back to our fallen comrades' cemetery. My eyes widened a bit when I sighted an MP beating up Niccolo who's just on the ground and accepting the beatings he gets.

"Hey!! You're from Marley, aren't you?! Why are you here?! This is where Eldians who were murdered by your people are buried. Why would you come here?!" The MP furiously asked. I understand how he feels. Seeing a Marleyan in an Eldians cemetery, when all of the people buried here died because of Marley.

But I know why Niccolo's here...

I was about to go and stop the MP but Jean and Connie already arrived.

Jean stopped the MP while Connie protected Niccolo. Mikasa also arrived rushing to the scene. "Please, stop. We'll take care of him! Please, stop." Jean said. The MP did stopped.

"Hmph." The MP scowled and walked out. We made eye contact, he nod at me and saluted. He's probably a lower ranking MP since he saluted at me.

After all, I'm the vice commander of the survey corps, I'm superior to him.

I walkded towards the four. Jean looked at me. "You're back." He said.

I just nod and looked at Niccolo.

Connie crouched in front of Connie. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Shit...why..." Niccolo looked at us. He has a devastated look on his face. "Is Sasha...really dead?" Niccolo asked.

We all went silent and just stared at Niccolo. "Is she? Why? What were you guys doing...?" Niccolo asked.

Connie and Jean helped Niccolo to stand. We all went to Sasha's tomb. Niccolo kneeled in front of Sasha's tomb and placed the flowers he bought for her. "She was shot by a little girl who aboard the zeppelin? Ha...that's too stupid to be true." Niccolo said.

"It was not just any little, she was well-trained." I said.

"A warrior candidate, huh..." Niccolo said.

"It's all my fault....I was too careless. I'm sorry..." Jean said.

I looked at him. "It's not your fault..." Jean would always say that to me whenever I blame myself...and I want to say that to him, too...

"Why are you apologizing to me? I just...cooked her food..." Niccolo said.

Connie held Niccolo's shoulder. "You mafe her many delicious things to eat...thank you, Niccolo." Connie said.