sneak peak

AN AUTANMAMA BOOKS COLLECTIONS📚📕
WRITTEN BY: khadyjatt Faransa

PATSY(THE VICTIM)
INTRO

"Zahra'u!!" A middle age lady yell sitting in the parlour.

"Zahra'u!!" She call again and a girl rush into the parlour quickly kneeling few feet away from her.

"Gani aunty ummi." She say and the woman give her a deadly glare.

"Are you deaf or didn't you hear me calling you." She say standing up from the couch as the girl slowly move back.

"Daga yau idan na sake kiranki,
If you stay even a second you will see what i will do to you,
Useless girl, I don't even know why Alhaji didn't want to kick you out, you aren't benefiting us with anything rather than eating our food,
" yar shege Mara uba."
God forbid,go and clean this parlour now and round up with the cooking my children will soon be back."the lady say giving a heavy knock on the girl head before leaving the parlour grumbling about how she hate having her around.

Zahra'u wipe her tears with the back of her hand and stand up, life has never been fair to her, she was only 13when her mother passed away even before then there's nothing exciting about her life, her mum was an orphan that work as a maid in a house a robbery gone wrong in the house lead to her been a victim of rape and that is how God planted her seed in the womb of her mum,
Zahra'u could remember vividly clear the suffering her mother been through until she was 3 when a man came to her rescue he married her as his 2nd wife and give them a shelter to stay.
for some period of time zahra'u and her mother thought they have the perfect life until she reached the age of 13 and the man she look up to as father begin to molest her,
Zahra'u wanted to tell her mother what the man usually do to her whenever she isn't home but anytime she tried it seems difficult the fact that he threaten to kill her mother doesn't help her 13years old naive self insecurities, zahra'u decide to keep quiet in order to save her mum marriage and not wanting them to go back to the harsh life they've left in the street, everything changes when her mother came back early from work one evening and found out what her husband was doing to her, zahra'u doesn't have a clear recallled of what happened that day but all she can remember was her mum sending her out of the bedroom so she can speak to her husband and later she was pronounced death,what happen inside the bedroom is the mystery zahra'u still cannot tell today.

After her mother's death her step mother doesn't really treat her well, she's always beating or insulting her, Aunty ummi as zahra'u always call the middle age lady have 4 children 3girls and a boy, the twins who are the first born hassana and Husseina are in there late 20's and still haven't married then mardiya who is thesame age with zahra'u and there last born fu'ad who's just 12years old.

"What is that smell coming from the kitchen?" Aunty ummi yell coming out of the bedroom as zahra'u quickly rush to the kitchen and turn off the stove.

"You burn the food?
Toh rabon ki kenan kika kona,
There won't be any food for you in this house,let Alhaji come back today you must leave this house because i don't see anything that you are adding to our life." Aunty ummi say and grab the broom from the kitchen floor and begin beating zahra'u.

It isn't something new to zahra'u so all she do is cry and let aunty ummi beat her to her satisfaction.

"Mummy what is smelling?" Hasana say coming inside the kitchen .

"Is it not this stupid girl that left the food on the stove, useless girl." Aunty ummi say adding a head knock on zahra'u head before exiting the kitchen.

Among all aunty ummi's children the 12years old boy is the only one that have some sympathy for zahra'u, the rest of the girls just help there mother with whatever decision she make about her.

That evening aunty ummi didn't give dinner to zahra'u saying she was the one that burn her own share,zahra'u doesn't care she just drink some water and retired to the old bedroom that used to be her mother's.

It is around midnight that zahra'u is awaken by the loud gunfire in there house, with a trembling body she quickly sit upright as a loud bang on her bedroom door makes her scream.

"Come out." A man with a mask covering his face yell dragging her with force and throw her out of the bedroom to the parlour.

"Give us money." One of the robbers say with a gun point on Alhaji's head as everyone tremble in fear.

"There is no money i swear to God,
You can take anything you want in this house, I have only 200,000 naira with me." Alhaji say with a trembling hand as the man crack the gun making aunty ummi and her children to scream.

"Please don't shoot my husband, you can have my gold necklace but leave my husband." Aunty ummi say as one of the robbers ask her to stand up to get the gold necklace for them.

Zahra'u who's kneeling next to fu,ad who has a tight grip on her hand keeps sweating profusely.

"Alhaji zaka bamu yar ka daya muji dadin ta tunda baka da kudi meye yawa." One of the robber say as aunty ummi walk back with her hands up and the robber with the gold necklace.

"Did you not hear what i say,
Give us one of your daughter's or we do whatever we want to do with all of them." He repeat as aunty ummi instantly point zahra'u.

"Take that one,
Zahra'u, take her please." Aunty ummi say quickly as the robbers turn there gaze to where she's kneeling trembling in fear.

"Dago fuskan ki." He yell lifting her head and he node.

"She's good atleast she's beautiful than this ugly black things, bring her to the bedroom for me and you two wait here." He say and two of the men drag a screaming zahra'u to the bedroom.

That night all six men take advantage of zahra'u, despite been raped several times by Alhaji the thing with being a rape victim it's never seems right, that night zahra'u realises that what happened several years ago to her mother repeats itself the only difference between she and her mum is that, her mum was a maid but she is been used by the people she call her family, that night zahra'u realises she will always be a patsy to society and everyone yet again she's a victim just like her mum, never did she know this will be a start of another misery in her life.