CHAPTER 62

ROME'S POV

"That's like my son."

I shut my eyes biting my bottom lip trying hard not to cry in front of him but failed once I felt tears streaming down my face.

I'm sorry Leo.

Once when he get to know about this, he's going to hate me more than he already is now.

"Samantha along with her parents are already here so let's go to my office. You both need to sign the contract papers and then we'll directly go to the hotel I booked for your engagement."

I didn't utter anything with tears flowing down my eyes staring at my dad who stood up fixing his suit and walked out of the room motioning me to follow him.

I wiped the tears off my face before following him towards the elevator. We entered the elevator once the doors opened and I stood beside my dad feeling blank.

"She is a very beautiful-"

"Please stop.. I have no intrest in her."

My dad sighed looking away and I rolled my eyes at the thought of him trying to persuade me into liking her.

"Here they are!"

I heard a voice as soon as we entered dad's office room and my eyes trailed towards the couches in the far corner of the room.

There sat Samantha in the middle of the couch with her parents on the either side of her while mom sat on the smaller couch staring at me with a stern look on.

I gulped thrusting my hands into my pockets and smiled at the family greeting them. I let out a sigh as I saw Samantha staring at me with a shy smile on blush coating her cheeks.

She thinks that I like her now.

"Take a seat young man."

Samantha's dad spoke smiling up at me.

I sat down on the opposite couch facing mom but avoided eye contact knowing very well that she's glaring at me. My dad sat down on the couch beside her and smiled motioning me to fix my tie.

I tightened the tie around my neck awkwardly smiling at everyone present in the room. I rested my palms on my knees staring at Samantha with guilt knowing that she could never stay happy with me.

I can't give her the love she's expecting from me. She stared back at me with the blush deepening on her cheeks which made me break the eye contact and look at my mom who is still glaring at me as if she'll kill me any moment.

I did not a listen to a word my parents were talking to each other as my mind was too busy imagining everything that's going to happen once I get married to Samantha.

"Let's sign the contract now."

My thoughts got interrupted as I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see dad standing beside me with a smile on his face.

"Oh sure!"

Samantha's mom spoke looking so excited for this wedding. I clenched my jaw staring at Samantha who signed the contract and slid the file towards me along with the pen.

I met my mom's eyes and she sighed looking away with disappointment written all over her face. I fisted my left hand digging the nails into my skin and let out a shaky sigh signing the paper agreeing to this wedding.

It's over.

"Congratulations!"

Everyone cheered, even mom but I knew she's faking it. I looked at Samantha as she was looking down at her lap fiddling her fingers looking nervous with a red face.