CHAPTER 26

LEO'S POV

I chewed the food in my mouth listening to Christina brag about the date she went on with Lucas earlier today while Henley rolled his eyes at her playfully continuing to eat his food.

We are currently eating our dinner we ordered from a restaurant nearby as our parents still didn't return from their vacation.

None of us knew how to cook so instead of even trying to cook we ordered a take out because we know if we do try to cook we would probably set the kitchen on fire.

Christina stopped talking once she heard her phone ringing which is placed on the dining table beside her plate. She gulped taking a hold of her phone and answered the call with a smile on her face.

"Baby."

I looked up at her and smiled realising that it's Lucas. She continued speaking with him while we ate in silence.

"Huh?"

She let out a chuckle placing down her phone back on the dining table.

"What happened?"

Henley asked taking a sip from the glass of water in front of him. I stared at Christina waiting for her to speak.

"He declined the call all of a sudden but I guess it's his little brother as I heard him talking to his mom when we were on call."

"Oh I thought it was something serious."

"No."

Christina turned to me with a confused expression on. I raised my eyebrows at her wanting her ask or tell something which she has to.

"Uh... I didn't get enough time to ask you this previously and I even forgot with the wedding preparations and all but.. I remember it now when the call got declined. You remember that day? When I called you and you said that you were with your friend but the call got disconnected all of a sudden? What happened that day?"

"Oh yeah I remember."

I said as the flashbacks of that day when I almost got kidnapped rushed into my mind making me gulp nervously.

That day when Troye went into the convenience store, I got a call from Christina as she asked when I'll be home but due to the kidnapper attacking me at the same time, my phone fell down on the ground leading to the phone call to get disconnected immediately.

"Leo?"

I came out of my thoughts nodding at her. I smiled nervously shaking my head wanting her to believe that it was nothing.

"That day... My phone was about to die and when my friend scared me playfully, the phone fell down leading it get switched off automatically."

"Oh I see... I thought something bad happened to you."

"No... I'll inform you all if ever something happens to me."

"You better do."

Henley spoke standing up from his chair walking into the kitchen to place his empty plate in the sink. I gave him a smile nodding and looked back at Christina who was nodding at his words as well.

"Sure."

THE NEXT DAY

"My parents are visiting me today so you won't be able to come over but I promise that you can come tomorrow, I'm sorry :(."

I chuckled staring at Rome's text and typed a quick reply.

"Seriously you don't need to say sorry for that.... I understand and spending time with your parents is important too."