CHAPTER 60

LEO'S POV

I opened the front door entering in and got rid of my shoes closing the door behind me. I walked into the kitchen to quench my thirst but halted in my steps once I saw Lucas eating tangerine sitting on the kitchen counter.

He froze looking at me with his cheeks puffed out and eyes wide as he probably is stuffing the fruit into his mouth. I chuckled at his cheeks walking upto the refrigerator and opened the door grabbing a water bottle.

"Hey."

I heard him greet me and turned around smiling at him. He got off the counter throwing the tangerine peels into the bin.

"Hi."

"Sorry that you had to see me eating tangerine as if I didn't eat any food since ages. It's just my favourite fruit so I can't help myself."

I drank the water letting out a sigh and shook my head at him.

"You don't need to feel embarrassed and most importantly don't need to explain anything because I understand... I'm the same when it comes to chocolates. To be honest, you looked cute with your cheeks puffed out."

I giggled as he let out a shy chuckle rubbing his nape. I closed my eyes when he ruffled my hair pinching one of my cheeks.

"How was your day?"

I turned around placing the bottle back in the refrigerator and faced Lucas again who was waiting for me to answer.

"Not bad and how about you?"

"All I did was watch movies today along with Christina but I really did enjoy my time."

"That's good to know."

He was about to say something but his phone rang and he looked at me apologetically to which I waved at indicating that it's okay.

"Hey."

He walked out of the kitchen as I followed him walking upstairs while he walked towards the backyard.

I entered my bedroom closing the door behind me and placed my bag on the table walking towards the bathroom for a quick shower.

I trusted him.

I shut my eyes fisting my hands and leaned on the bathroom's door trying my best not to cry. All I could think of is Rome.

I slid down sitting on the floor bringing my knees closer to my chest. I never once thought he would cheat on me. Did he fake everything he said and did? Or did he lose the intrest in continuing our relationship anymore?

I don't know.

I didn't understand why he was trying to explain things when there's no use in doing so. He cheated and I don't want to stay with him anymore even if it hurts me.

"Rome probably wanted to lie on your face and continue the relationship just the way it is to hurt you more but he failed as you found out and didn't believe him."

The voice in my head spoke and I buried my face in between my knees with tears streaming down my face.

I didn't fail to observe the guilt in his eyes the other day but it felt like he was faking that as well. I trusted him but what I saw made me back away realising that maybe I don't even deserve someone so perfect like him.

I'm a mess.

Not only the fact that he kissed her hurt me but also knowing that she's someone who really deserves Rome- I feel horrible.

He deserves someone better.

He deserves Hazel.

"Leo are you crying again?"