CHAPTER 37

THE NEXT MORNING

LEO'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes but shut them again unable to bear the amount of light reflecting into my eyes immediately after waking up from my unconscious state.

I reopened my eyes after a few seconds and stared up at the white ceiling with recessed lights.

I'm in a hospital?

I slowly sat up pressing my lips together as I felt the the bruises on my skin hurt whenever I make a movement.

I saw the bandages wrapped around my wrists and ankles each. My hand unconsciously went up to my head as I felt a bandage wrapped around my head as well.

The door of the room I'm currently in opened all of a sudden which made me flinch slightly. I let out a sigh in relief as I saw mom walking in along with Henley.

I thought it was that kidnapper or Alex. Mom smiled sitting on the stool beside the bed staring at me. I smiled back looking at Henley as he sat down on the couch which is near the glass window in this big room.

"How are you feeling now?"

I looked back at mom nodding at her question. Mom placed her hand on mine and smiled at me as I heard Henley speaking.

"You didn't even consider to tell us what has been happening to you Leo? You think you aren't important to us?"

"I just didn't want to bother you with my problems-"

"Your problems are ours too and we need to get bothered when something is as serious as this. You got kidnapped for god's sake Leo. You get it? Luckily nothing happened to you."

I sighed understanding what he's trying to say. I know it's my fault for not saying anything to them. I don't even know what I was thinking.

"I'm sorry.. I'll make sure to inform if there's anything like this again."

"You better do."

It was silent for a while but mom spoke up making me look at her.

"The person who kidnapped you... He killed himself."

My eyes enlarged at her words as I let out a gasp out of shock.

"W-What? Really?"

"Yeah... Do you know who's he? Because the police officer informed that he was talking about some revenge before he shooted himself with the officer's gun."

I gulped looking down at my lap.

"I- he's my friend's father."

"What? Why would your friend's father want to kill you?"

I sighed looking up at her as she waited for a reply.

"I unfortunately lost this friend of mine a few years ago..a few bullies k-killed him because he was a gay and so his dad thinks I supported the bullies in killing my friend."

I said only the half truth and lied about the reason because I'm still not ready to come out myself, it's not the right time.

"What the-"

Mom covered her mouth with her hands with a shocked expression on.

"How-? Why? He's just a gay right... He did no crime."

"As if homophobes will understand that."

I chuckled sarcastically with tears forming in my eyes. I sniffled trying to control my tears from rolling down my cheeks and felt mom pulling me in for a hug.