CHAPTER 20

LEO'S POV

I hummed the romantic songs playing in my headphones sitting in the last row of the bus. I blushed at thought of Rome being my boyfriend.

I leaned my head against the window smiling like a fool remembering how we both cuddled in his bed last night.

This secret relationship sounds good because we don't need to reveal it to anyone until we are ready and we don't need to stay away from each other punishing ourselves.

I never excepted him to suggest about secretly dating. Not that I don't like it, I loved the idea.

The reason I immediately agreed with his idea was I missed him a lot. I craved for his warmth, hugs, kisses and especially his love. I wanted him to show that I like him as much as he does.

I'm excited for what's to come in the near future because Rome talked about sneaking around to go out on little dates everytime we get a chance to today morning and honestly just thinking about it thrills me.

Dad would support us for sure.

I smiled knowing very well how he would react if he get to know that I'm dating Rome. In the past when my ex boyfriend, Tom and I revealed the news to our families, dad was the happiest for us.

I sighed feeling sad thinking about my past. Negative thoughts started filling my mind.

What if.. What if no one accepts us? What would happen then? Everything that happened in the past will repeat all over again? Will Rome leave me too?

I took off my headphones putting them in my bag and stood up getting down the bus. I sighed staring at university campus and shrugged off all the negative thoughts walking towards the entrance.

I trust him but me being the person with trust issues sucks. All I get is negative thoughts.

Stay positive.

ALEX'S POV

I stood straight with my hands behind my back facing my boss who leaned his head back on the swivel chair he sat on with a cigarette in between in his lips.

I controlled my urge to cough due to the smoke filling in the closed office room. I heard the heels clinking on the marbled floor indicating that there's someone walking towards the office room we are currently in.

Soon, the door opened revealing a young woman in her early thirties entering in closing the door behind her and passed me a smile which I returned hesitantly.

She walked towards my boss and took the cigarette away from his lips taking a puff out of it herself before crushing it on the ceramic plate on the table.

She sat on his lap and they both started making out making me twitch my eye in disgust. I felt uncomfortable standing here but I couldn't do anything unless my boss tells me. He asked me to come and inform him what all happened in the past few days in Leo's life and I told him everything as far as I know.

He didn't ask me to go away so I'm waiting for his order looking down at my shoes unable to bear the sight in front of me anymore.

"Okay Alex."

I looked up instantly hearing his stern voice as he lit up another cigarette placing it between his lips while the woman in his lap continued kissing his neck. I mentally sighed deciding to ignore her.

"Boss."

"Listen to me carefully now."

I waited for him to continue speaking and he did.

"I'm giving you three chances in total to plan out on how to kidnap Leo on your own and cage him in the basement. It's your duty and once you do catch him, I'll only see you that day with the money I promised to give you after the work is done. But if by any chance you fail all the three attempts then... Don't worry I'll leave you without offering you any money because I have nothing against you to kill you. You have a great future ahead of you.

Also, you can take as many as bodyguards you want for your plan. Good luck! You may go now."

"Boss."

I walked out of his mansion and looked back heaving out a sigh. I sat on the bike putting on my helmet and sighed again regretting to as why I agreed to work for this ruthless person.

Just for money.

I can't back off now because I know he probably will kill me but a fear started to grow in me thinking of what he might do to me if I fail to kidnap Leo within the three chances he gave me.

He did say he would just leave me but I've been seeing him in close up for a few days now and understood that he never keep his words.

What did I get myself into? Fuck.

ROME'S POV

I raised my brows in confusion looking around the empty classroom. I glanced down at my wrist watch and it was already 9:15 AM means the class should be starting already. Where the hell are everyone?

I took out of my phone to call Henley but froze once I saw the classroom board decorated with various flowers and confetti hanging around the board. In the middle was written,

Will you be my boyfriend?

Did I enter the wrong classroom? I walked towards the door to check if this is the class or not. I opened the door but saw Samantha standing near the door with a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

She smiled at me walking into the classroom and I stepped backwards still in confusion of what the heck is happening right now.

"Rome."

She spoke motioning at the board and I glanced at it before looking back at her. She took a step forward handing me the bouquet. I took it slowly realising that she's going to confess her feelings for real now instead of beating around the bush and wanting to make Henley the cupid.

"Rome... I know I never really confessed my feelings to you face to face and that was because I feared the rejection. I was being the coward I am. There were times I felt bad thinking you had no intrest in me but later when Henley said that you're not interested in dating anyone anytime soon, I thought I could change you, make you fall in love with me and be the one for you.

I still tried in every way to get close to you but you never seemed interested but that didn't make me give up so easily because I felt this strange connection towards you. Henley warned me for my own good that I should stay away and forget about you if I don't want myself hurting in the end. I am bringing him up because I really irritated him for playing cupid and I feel sorry for him. I know I can't force my feelings out on you but I hope you consider my confession.

We can take it slow and if it really doesn't work out.. then we will get separated. It's not that easy for me knowing that I've been loving you since years but I will let go of you and try to move on. All I want you to is try.. I want to make memories with you even if we doesn't last long.

I love you Rome, I really do."

She said sincerely staring into my eyes. I looked away at the decorated board and then back at Samantha.
I thought on what and how to say it to her. All of my classmates standing outside looking at us in anticipation of what's going to happen next.

I spotted Henley in the crowd as he leaned against the door frame staring at us as well. He raised his brows at me and I sighed looking back at Samantha who was fiddling with her obviously looking nervous.

She's a really kind girl and a sweetheart of the university for a reason but I can't reciprocate her feelings. I already belong to someone else and he's the only guy I do and will love.

My nugget.

My tiny bean.

My angel.

"Samantha I'm sorry."