Chapter 37.) Something New, Something Familiar

Pregnancy and childbirth illustrate life-changing moments in most women's lives. It is an incredible thing to encounter in life, however, pregnancy can also be the most dangerous thing. During the period that a woman becomes pregnant, she must keep up with her health. That's what Lucky wanted for Ava but if he were being honest, he's been wanting to take a closer look at the home Ava bought up in Philly.

He wanted to see just how much of him had rubbed off on her but he would also admit that being with her, going to therapy, and talking about his mom more had made him a bit homesick. He couldn't blame his hometown for the way his life turned out. Although he grew up less fortunate than others, everyone in the city still made it work for one another. Despite all the bad, it was a ton of good, he still wished his mom was around.

It was July the 27th, clear skies, scorching weather with a mild breeze. Lucky had decided to head up to the new home in Philly, which he learned was located in Penn Wynne. The district was more predominately white with a low percentage of Hispanics and Black people but from what he could tell once they touched down, the area that Ava chose seemed to be around more of the minorities.

He intended for things to just be with him, Ava, and Ace but something told him to invite Kairo and he would say that he was glad that he had. Since Ava wasn't supposed to be doing much, he needed help furnishing the place and Kairo had already called dibs on a bedroom for future visits. The home wasn't anything too fancy but it was pretty spacious on the inside and surrounded by a lot of trees that kept the home hidden from the other homes that were around the area.

There was a spiral, curved staircase that was right in front of the door, a half bathroom downstairs adjacent to the living room, a family room, 5 bedrooms, that were located on different ends of the hall, 5 bathrooms, a large attic, and a large backyard with a pool and jacuzzi that was guarded by a gate. The interior theme was more of a black and white style, the kitchen had two parts, and they had a choice to park on the street in front of the home or drive around back. The other homes on the block were a good two-minute drive from each other which was a plus for privacy and space-wise.

The master bedroom was something a little more different than Lucky had ever encountered but he was impressed with how things were designed and set up. He was truly astonished beyond words as was Kairo. If it's one thing he knew about his sister though, when she put her heart and mind into something, she always made sure things were as nice and comfortable as they could be.

The plan was just for the trio to stay there for two or three weeks. It would have been longer but Camille was coming into town in the middle of August to finally meet her future in-laws, and Ava was excited about her arrival. While Ava was finishing up the last twenty minutes of her solo session with Elise virtually, Kairo and Lucky were moving in the last of the furniture. The rest of the bedroom sets would be delivered in the next couple of days but Kairo already had his things, so he wasn't worried about those.

 The rest of the bedroom sets would be delivered in the next couple of days but Kairo already had his things, so he wasn't worried about those