Chapter 26.) Better Days

"What the hell happened?!" An overwhelmed Renae fussed, rushing into the ICU room and bopped Dajon upside his head more times than he expected.

"Zuri- ouc- girl!" he muttered, grabbing her hands and pulled her back.

The nurses that were preparing the room for King, looked around conflicted and amused.

"What happened?"

"Room two-forty," he whispered, slipping the needle into her pocket.

"I love you," she whispered then bopped him upside his head again before turning to an amused Kwan, "You want it too?"

"Nah," he smirked.

Fixing her sweatshirt, she looked around the room until her eyes landed on Von, "Where's my daughter?"

"They're preparing a rape kit,"

"WHAT?!" her eyes widened.

"It's the procedure, Mrs. Stone."

"What is up with you men being so clueless? Rape kit for what?! The bastard is dead," she frowned, "What room is she in?"

"I'll take you," the older nurse spoke up.

Nodding Renae looked around for a moment then squinted, "How long has he been in surgery?"

It was 3 am, May 17th, the early morning of their anniversary, and the phone call she received from Dajon was of nothing she wanted to hear but had already mentally prepped herself for. She knew her husband. She knew he was coming back banged up some kind of way, he couldn't help himself. The other agents took care of the young girls that were taken against the will while Von managed to snatch Freya whose government was Penelope Hoyer up and bring her back with them. Although Von would have preferred to do things by the book, he knew why King was set on bringing her. Poor girl thought they were going to save her and had no idea what was waiting on her.

"We rushed him in as soon as they rolled in, ma'am," the younger nurse answered.

"Ok," Renae nodded before following the other nurse out.

Heading down the lengthy halls, Renae made a mental note of the room numbers until they reached the second floor.

"They saved a lot of girls," the nurse decided to speak.

"Any family been in contact yet?"

"Not yet, most of the girls are being fed, not all are here, and some have to go through detox."

Renae nodded, "I'm sure a lot of them were dehydrated as well."

"Extremely..."

Remaining quiet as they walked through the double doors, Renae tucked her hands into her pockets and stood to the side as the nurse knocked before peeking inside. Waving Renae on, she stood outside and allowed Renae to go inside.

Inside the dim room, Assyria sat on the examining bed, covered in a thin blanket while the examiner, nurse, and the woman Renae presumed as Carmen stood there trying to get her to move but Assyria wasn't budging.