Chapter 37

It had been about three days and the date had arrived sooner than I had anticipated. Sadly.

It was a sad day for me. It was the day that they died and the day we escaped. It was the day it got too much.

It was an emotional day.

It was a day that was bittersweet.

As I woke up I was met with Akari sitting at the table in the kitchen awaitng my presence.

"Morning." I said softly.

"Lyss." He said getting up.

We were both dressed in black outfits and were going to meet the rest of our friends and go to the cemetery. As per our routine on this day, I would visit them then return home and spend part of the day in the recording room then the remainder killing people who are rapist, who traffick people, people like who killed them.

"Goodmorning bambina" Uncle Hades said walking into the room

"Morning." I said shortly

Eventually everyone came down for breakfast and they were laughing and having discussions with one another.

"Hey so, me and Akari are meeting up with our friends today, so you guys can do some fun activities if you want. If you need anything I left Jess' number on the counter." I said quietly before grabbing two bouquets of flowers from the table I had delivered.

"Bye." I said walking out.

In silence we made our way to the cemetery, upon arriving we found the others waiting by the gate.

"Hey." I said looking at the black iron gate.

I made my way to the graves and went to the 56th row in the 20th column.  Next to one another, there were two head stones, one of which read;

Nichola Iris Quinn - Warner

2004-2019

Gone too soon, a beloved friend, lover and survivor.

"when I am with you, I have a home. When I am with you I have an identity. When I am with you I have everything"

Nichola was 13 at the time she died. Her birthday was unknown and her surname was unknown, more like classified. She was indeed a friend someone anyone can talk to and yes, she was a lover. The lover of Colson. They weren't married yet, and Warner was her boyfriends surname. They always spoke about a future together and so it seemed almost wrong not to put it. She never had a surname, but when she was always with Colson, she did, it was her identity and it was her dream of a future. She was a survivor and much more, I wrote their headstones and was tempted to write 'beloved daughter'
however her parents did not deserve that title parents don't sell their child. It was on a regular day, someone held her and our other friend captive at one location unbeknownst to me, I tried to rescue them but simultaneously I was fighting to stay alive.
And I live with that everyday.

My eyes watered a tiny bit looking at scene before me. I turned my head to the right and saw the other which read;

Colson Dominic Warner
2003-2019
Taken away too soon, loving friend, lover and survivor.

"She is my home. She is my everything. I may have given her an identity but she gave me meaning to mine"

Colson Dominic Warner, future husband of Nichola Iris Quinn- Warner. Colson, was also known as Cole. He was one of the people in that place that would try their hardest to get me to leave those monsters and let them be tortured, but I couldn't I couldn't bear to see Cole seeing Nichola like that nor the other way around. It was selfish, but it was okay in this case. He was kidnapped, we never found his parents however. He loved kids and would always talk about the future of possibilities with Nichola. It's shocking really, he always said to Nichola, the day you leave me is the day I'll leave this Earth. I never thought it would be true, but here we are 20th of March.