Chapter 35

Enjoy! Hope you had an amazing day 🤍

We were on our way back.

I'll miss him.

I want him to spend the night.

Maybe.

Dimitri's hand was on my thigh and I was humming along to a song on the radio. It was Sunday, meaning that it was a 'family day'.

Our grandparents and cousins would be there, last minute this morning dad called to inform us that my grandparents on my mother's side and cousins would also be there.

The family on my mom's side from the information Akari has given me are the leaders of the Dutch mafia. We surprisingly and coincidentally were now drafting an alliance agreement indirectly.

As we drove into the road which led to the gateway of the house, I had a bad feeling and from the look of it, Dimitri did too.

That was weird. The gate was wide open. Fuck. Where are the guards?

I watched toward Dimitri and in his face it was evident something had happened.

As soon as Dimitri parked I started to open the door. Akari should be here any minute. He always follows me. I call it stalker behavior; he calls it knowing I'm safe.

I was about to get out the car but Dimitri spoke,

"Amore, I think you should stay in the car and wait for me."

"What? Dimitri, we both know I can handle myself." I said exasperatedly.

He does not know the damage I can do.

"I know, trust me I do. But please." He said and I shook my head okay.

He smiled at me and gave me a kiss and closed the doors.

Like if I was fucking staying in the fucking car.

Who does he think I am.

Literally within a minute Akari seemed to be 'casually' driving into the yard.

"I knew you were coming." I said

"Oh yeah?" He said chuckling.

"Mhm, something happened Dimitri went in about a minute and well guards aren't there." I said.

"What do you want to do? You wanna go in alone or do you want some guards?" He asked getting some weapons out of the car and handing me.

"We could go in. I haven't had fun in awhile." I said smirking.

"Bet." He said

With our weapons in hands we began to walk to the front door, our guns out scanning the perimeter as we walked.

"Hello?" I shouted through the house. Everything was wrecked yet I couldn't see anyone.

"Mom? Dad? Xavier?" I continued my finger on the trigger.

"Alyssa!?" A voice responded back to me.

"Lorenzo? Where are the others?" I asked.

"Everyone's here and they're in the safe room. Dimitri included. He's helping dad with something." He said.