The Tale of Two Mates

A few weeks later....

If Gwyn thought her desire for Azriel was insatiable before they had sex, she didn't know how much her desire would increase after having sex.

After the first night, they staying in until late evening of the next day. Azriel took her in different positions and Gwyn never wanted to leave. The moments when both of them were
utterly spent and just basked in the glow of each other. The moments where they would both say "I love you" at the same time.

Gwyn didn't know how she lived so long without experiencing sex.

Every night after the first, she had taken Azriel to bed and rode him into oblivion.

Azriel had said nothing about her increased need but Cassian had teased her about Azriel and her's
intertwined scent. Gwyn was fine with the teasing but Azriel had got in a punch or two before Cassian took back his joke. Even seeing him punch someone pooled heat between her legs and she would beg him to fuck her on the kitchen counter as soon as they arrived into their apartment.

Now she was currently in the House of Wind with Nesta and Emerie, waiting for Azriel to come back with Cassian from a night out with Rhysand.

"I'm going to accept the bond," Gwyn spoke out the words she hadn't dared say in her mind.

Nesta and Emerie immediately stopped what they were doing and looked towards Gwyn.

"Are you serious?" Nesta asked, her face had a joyous smile on it. Gwyn nodded with her own smile. She had surely gotten comfortable with the intimacy aspect and she was ready for the next final step: accepting the bond.

"I've gotten comfortable enough with him that the idea of the frenzy doesn't fear me anymore," she explained and Nesta and Emerie hugged her.

"I'm so proud of you," Nesta told her, her blue-grey eyes lined with tears. "You've come a long way since we first met."

"So have you and you," Gwyn said to Nesta and Emerie. "We all have grown."

They pulled away from their embrace and Emerie asked, "How are you going to tell him?"

So Gwyn spent the next hour explaining her idea.

AZRIEL'S POV

He noticed a change in Gwyn's face when he picked her up at the House of Wind, she looked determined. His shadows revealed nothing so on the flight back to their apartment, he asked,

"How'd it go with Nesta and Emerie?"

Her eyes found his, "Same as always."

"So you talked smut the entire time?" Azriel raised a brow.

"Of course. That and other stuff," Gwyn laughed. When they arrived at the apartment, he held her close to him so that she craned her neck to stare at him. She had the brightest smile on her face and he wanted nothing more for her to always smile.

He noticed the shift in her scent and he grinned.
His shadows twined around her arms as he leaned down to press a soft kiss to her lips and she sighed around him.

During the night out with his brothers, his mind was occupied with thoughts of his mate. On her eyes, her freckles, her body, her laugh. She was insatiable and he could never get enough.

He found himself thanking the Mother for giving him such a wonderful mate.

"How'd it go with Cas and Rhys?" Gwyn asked as she fixed her hair from the small flight.

"As it always does," his eyes glowed and he watched her move across the apartment she acquainted herself with.

She feels at home, his shadows indulged and he smiled at her words.