Rosehall and Tears

TW: Mentions of attempted suicide

GWYN'S POV

"I know you're there," Gwyn swallowed. She stood from the pond and got into a fighting stance. She didn't take her eyes off the bush in front of her. The bush rustled and swayed once more as a male approached her slowly with his arms out. He was tanner than most, so he must be from the Day Court, but his hair was a fire somewhat like hers, which meant he could also be from the Autumn Court. A stark white scar ran through his left brow down to his cheek. His eyes differentiated from each other: one a metallic gold and the other a russet-brown. He was a tall male, but Gwyn was taller than the average female. He was slim but packed on some muscle. He was dressed in a dark green tunic that had swirls of gold. Gwyn took the male in once more and concluded that she could take him down if the male decided to do something. 

"I'm not a threat, you can relax. " His voice came out smoothly. Gwyn inwardly rolled her eyes. She wasn't about to let down her guard to a male she did not know. Realizing the Gwyn wasn't moving from her stance he sighed, "My name is Lucien." Lucien, it sounded familiar to Gwyn. And that's when she realized that Nesta had mentioned a Lucien before. The Lucien she had talked about was Emissary to the Night Court and her sister's mate, although Elain had yet to accept the bond. Nesta never stated how Lucien looked, so Gwyn pushed her realization to the side. 

"Am I supposed to know who you are?" Gwyn stated softly but strongly. 

"I visited Nesta once in the House of Wind when she was training. You were one of the few people that were going down the stairs as I went up." So this male was the Lucien, Nesta mentioned. 

"You remember me even though we only met once when we didn't even speak to each other?" Gwyn asked, relaxing just a bit. She still wouldn't let her guard  down completely. 

Lucien gave a sheepish smile and he took on his arms and scratched the back of his neck, "I have a good memory," he shrugs, but Gwyn just stared at him not believing the lie. "Ok, fine. So I saw your hair and did a double-take. I looked back to see if I recognized you from the Autumn Court, but you were long gone." 

"I've never been to Autumn. I have only been in the Night Court." Her grandmother was never accepted in the Autumn Court or the Spring Court. That's what led Gwyn's mother to go to the temple. 

Lucien wore a confused look on his face, "Then what brings you to Spring? Not that I'm prying or anything, but I know that you are priestess from the robes you wore that day. " 

Spring? Gwyn swam all the way to Spring? "Something happened." She stated vaguely and Lucien raised his eyebrows with an amused look on his face. That's when he realized her claws. He didn't say anything about them, but him staring at her hands made her hide the claws behind her back. Once he realized that she wasn't going to tell him anything, he shook his head with silent laughter. 

"Night Court folks are always so secretive, I shouldn't be surprised." He paused before looking at her in the eyes. "Can you at least tell me your name? I told you mine." 

Gwyn contemplated giving her name. She didn't trust him fully yet, but if High Lord Rhysand and most importantly Azriel trust him to have a role in the court, she could at least give him her name. "Gwyneth Berdara." And as soon as she gives him her name, he looks taken back. He's shocked, but why? "Why are you shocked," she pushes. 

He blinks at her and it's like he was never shocked in the first place. "I'm not shocked," he states blankly. Gwyn glares at him but doesn't push him any further. "Would you like to go to Rosehall?" 

"What is Rosehall?" She asked curiously. 

"It's like the House of Wind, but in Spring," he states holding out his hand. Did he forget about her claws? Gwyn looked at his open palm and hesitated. She heard from Nesta saying that the High Lord of Spring  had something to do with her being Made. Although she felt somewhat safe with Lucien, how would she react with the Spring's High Lord?