Losing Him So Soon

GWYN'S POV

After lunch, Lennan and her went back to the manor. They had spent the rest of their time at the cliff kissing. Gwyn was sure she was still red. Although it was her first kiss, Gwyn was sure that Lennan was an amazing kisser. The way her lips had move. She felt heat rise in her core. Lennan looked over at her with a knowingly smile and wrapped an arm around her.

When they have arrived at the manor, Lucien and Elain were sitting at the entrance stairs. Elain cuddled into Lucien, her head leaned against his chest. Lucien was speaking to her and Elain was nodding along to whatever he said. Lucien stopped as he saw Gwyn and Lennan and tapped Elain on the shoulder. Elain looked over to them and her face was full of sadness and confusion.

"How was the meeting with Tamlin," asked Lennan.

"It went well. Trade through Spring has raised since the last time I've been here. Tamlin has cleaned up the places he had trashed," Lucien said. Gwyn agreed with Lucien, Tamlin had improve relationships within the court since she had arrived. He had removed Tithe and made new homes for those that where destroyed during the war. The only thing that worried Gwyn was that he never shifted from his beast form. Only when he was alone with her would he shift into his human form. Each time he would shift, he would seem paler than the last time she saw him.

"Lucien, may I talk to you alone please." Gwyn needed to know if he also saw what was happening to Tamlin. Lucien looked at Elain and then back to Gwyn before he said yes. He kissed the top of Elain's head before standing up.

"Where to?"

"Your office," Gwyn shrugged and he nodded.

Once they arrived at Lucien's office, Gwyn sat on of the cushion and Lucien sat in front of her waiting.

"Have you noticed that even though the Spring Court has improved from the war, Tamlin seems to be deteriorating?" Gwyn started.

Lucien gave a sad nod, "I have."

"Do you know why? I have tried to bring it up with him before but he just shuts me down."

Lucien swallowed, "He has been cursed. Cursed by from how he treated Feyre and everyone. We do not know who cursed him, but we came to the conclusion that he was. As time goes by, Tamlin will die." Lucien's eyes were silver-lined and Gwyn looked at him in disbelief.

"No," her voice wavered. "This must be a way to cure him. He cannot die." The year she had spent in the Spring Court had brought Tamlin and her closer. He had become a father to her. She couldn't watch him die slowly. It would break her.

"We have been trying to figure out how stop the curse, but nothing has come up. He has found that staying in his beast form slows the curse down," Lucien said sadly. He has been shifting into his human form for her. He was getting worse each day because of her.

"Who else knows," Gwyn asked, still not believing what was happening.

"Just me. He doesn't want another court to try something."

"But someone else might be able to help from another court," Gwyn pleaded.

Lucien shook his head, "Believe me I've thought about that, but he doesn't want to involve other courts."

"What if he does...," Gwyn couldn't bring herself to say the word. "Who would take over the Spring Court? He has no heirs, he can't die." Lucien stared at Gwyn with a guilty look, he was hiding from her. "He doesn't have any heirs, right?" Tamlin, for all she knew, never truly got over Feyre even though he realized that he was in the wrong. Tamlin, in their time together, never mentioned having any children.

Lucien still didn't respond and Gwyn thought they had passed the phase of keeping information from her. She felt her anger rise and she almost let it loose. "Answer me."

"I can't," he gulped.

"Why not?" Gwyn was getting more and more frustrated.

"Because I have asked him not to tell anyone," Tamlin said startling Gwyn. She turned to face him, she was angry but she needed to control herself. She needed to figure out what was happening. "Lucien can you leave us? I need to speak to Gwyn privately." Lucien nodded slowly and left Tamlin with her.

Gwyn knew he was about to shift into his human form, so she stopped him, "Don't shift." Tamlin tilted his lupine head to the side. "I know that you are cursed. Shifting into your human form speeds up the progress of you..."

Tamlin nodded, "Alright, but it's time I tell you something that I've been keeping from you for last year." Gwyn shifted in her seat waiting for him to continue. "Twenty-eight years ago, during Amarantha's rule, I held Calanmai. I didn't remember the women I took to bed, I still don't. I had went on with my life as I usually would after the rite. But three years ago, I started getting dreams of a young girl. The girl reminded me of the women from twenty-eight years ago. I knew it was long stretch, but something inside me told me that the girl I saw in my dreams, was my daughter. I spent the last years searching for the mother." He breathed before continuing, "I found that the mother was from Sangravah. She was half River Nymph and half fae, from the Autumn Court," Gwyn froze. It couldn't be. Tamlin continued, "I heard that the mother had passed away, but she had twins." Gwyn wasn't sure she was breathing. "One was lost in the sacking of the temple," Gwyn started shaking, the memories she buried away for Catrin were starting to replay in her head. "One had survived though. I didn't know where she was. It was like she had disappeared off the face of the world, until I heard about her winning the Illyrian Blood Rite." Tears were streaming down Gwyn's face. "I went to Rhysand and Azriel asking about her. They didn't tell me what happened but I was able to connect the dots. I was so angry at myself for not realizing that I had not just one daughter but two. If I had recognized my escapades during Calanmai, it wouldn't have happened. Both of my daughters would be here with me.

But that didn't happen. I agreed with Azriel on not telling my daughter who she was because she might have not been ready for it. Azriel agreed to train her and Rhysand said that I would be able to come back in two months for a follow up.

But three days later, she shows up here. Claiming that she couldn't go back to the Night Court, at least not right now. I couldn't turn her down and I offered to train her. I've watch her grown into such a beautiful person. Not saying she wasn't beautiful before she came," he joked making Gwyn chuckle lightly as she chocked back sobs. She could see that his eyes were also teary.

"I knew that she would make a wonderful High Lady once she shifted into her beast form. I knew that once the curse takes full affect, I wouldn't have to worry since I would be leaving the court in amazing hands." Gwyn shook her head, tears falling down harder. She wasn't angry at him for keeping it a secret. In fact, she felt happy that she found her true family.

"My daughter's name is Gwyneth Berdara," Tamlin said as tears started to fall onto his fur. "High Lady Gwyneth has a nice ring to it, doesn't it," he smiled sadly.

Gwyn had finally found her father. Someone she had never thought she would find. Someone she missed even though she didn't know him. Someone she grew to love as a father, to find out he was her actual father.

She had finally found him only to lose him so soon.

Hello..... I know this a short chapter than usual, but I just wanted to end this way 😃. Thank you for those who have voted
and comment; please
continue!!