Ready Again

AZRIEL' POV

After Gwyn had fallen asleep on his shoulder, Azriel carefully brought one of his arms underneath her knees and the other on her waist. He softly lifted her up and carried her to her room. Even his shadows stilled calmly. Azriel could tell that she hadn't fallen asleep in days, so he made sure he used all of his skills from being Spymaster not to wake her up.

He made into her room and laid her down gently on her bed. She sighed slightly once Azriel left her warmth. He smiled sadly down at her sleeping form before leaving her room quietly. He left a shadow to keep her company.

---------

Azriel was walking in the Rainbow when he heard Nesta shout his name. He kept walking, not wanting to deal with her wrath, but Cassian, who carried her, landed in front of Nesta.

"Whatever you have to say, I've heard already," Azriel said deadpanned.

"I'm sorry," Nesta said. It looked like it pained her to say those words, as they were still foreign for her. "I shouldn't have lashed out on you. It is not your fault." Lies. Nesta might now truly believe that it isn't Azriel's fault, but Azriel nows the truth. He put Gwyn in the situation she is in.

"Thank --."

"I'm not done yet," Nesta interrupted Azriel. "I do not know what you did, but she is asking for you." Azriel knew his eyes were wide. He must not have heard her correctly. "She woke up today. The first time she has slept since she had passed out. She woke up and asked for you. She hasn't spoken with me, unless it's to give her some quiet." Azriel's shadows danced around him, in joy that his mate only wanted them. "What did you do," Nesta asked softly. "How did you get her to talk and sleep?" Nesta seemed broken. Looking at Gwyn wasting away killed her as much as it killed him. That's when it hit him. Seeing Gwyn wasting away most likely reminded Nesta of when Elain was Made. How she became too skinny and frail.

"She came to me." Azriel responded, but not in his usual voice. He let his voice soften.

"What do you mean," Cassian asked, tucking in his wings for the civilians passing by.

"She came to me while I was ..... doing something, " Azriel never let anyone, expect Gwyn, know of his singing, it was something that connected him to his mother. "I gave her space, but she sat next to me. We talked for a bit and she fell asleep. I carried her up to her room and left."

Cassian lifted his brow in curiosity, "What do you mean by doing something?" His tone was too suggestive.

"Something," Azriel said again. Cassian had a grin on his face, telling Azriel that Cassian would bring this up again later. "Did she asked why she needed me?" Azriel looked at Nesta.

"No, but she didn't want to talk to anyone else."

Go to her

Go to our mate

She wants us, his shadows purred in his ears over and over again. Azriel nodded to the couple before lifting off into the sky.

GWYN'S POV

Gwyn woke up from the sunlight peaking through the blinds of the windows. She brought up a hand to cover the light as she stretched lightly in her bed. She sat up and recalled last night. How lovely the Shadowsinger sang. How her heart calmed and her mind stilled. How at peace she felt. She wondered what the pull she meant, but as she spotted a small shadow curled around her ring finger, her wondering went to it.

She brought another finger to the shadow and the shadow uncurled and curled again. She smiled tiredly at it before she felt her door opening. Nesta opened it slowly and looked in to see if Gwyn was up. She was clearly shocked to find Gwyn sitting in her bed and not the bay-window. She came in with a sliver plater filled to the brim of food. She silently placed it on the bed next to Gwyn and sat at a stool near the bed.