Girl's Night

AZRIEL'S POV

He had left Gwyn in the House of Wind. She had scheduled a day with Nesta and Emerie. After last night, he didn't want Gwyn to leave his side. He just wanted to lay next to her in their bed everyday if they could.

Now that he was back in the Night Court, he was heading to the River House to tell Rhysand that Gwyn and him would be residing in Velaris for the time being.

When he arrived he was meant with a flying child going straight towards him and a ruffled Rhysand going after Nyx. When Nyx got closer, Azriel sent out shadows to smoothly hold him still in the air; Nyx started to giggle from the black wisps.

He's going to be a handful, his shadows whispered and Azriel fought back the need to chuckle.

Rhysand relaxed to see a non-flying Nyx. Carefully, Azriel ordered his shadows to bring him down from the air.

When Nyx touched the ground, his wing disappeared leaving star-speckled wind where they were. Azriel looked at Rhysand questioningly.

Rhys shrugged, "He learned to do that two days ago."

"You couldn't figure that out until you turned fourteen," Azriel pointed out.

"He has the powers of all the High Lords like his mother, I can't say I'm surprised at my son being more powerful."

"Maybe he should start training with Armen," Azriel suggested. If the child truly has the power he radiates, he is going to need an outlet. Soon.

"Armen has been too busy with Varian and preparing Velaris for when the Kier comes, I don't want to add more to her plate," Rhysand stared at his son being entertained with Azriel's shadows.

"Nesta then? She trained a few weeks with Armen and I'm sure she wouldn't mind," even though Nesta and Rhys weren't the closest friends, Azriel was sure Nesta would help Nyx anyway she could.

"I didn't think of that, I'll considerate it." Rhysand mumbled before asking, "Shouldn't you be off getting to know more about your mate?"

"She's having a girls night with Nesta and Emerie. Where's Feyre?"

"Out with Mor to find more people willing to help some refugees. More people keeping coming through the borders in search for a haven. So much people and little housing available," Rhysand said grimly. Most damage from the war had been erased but houses were still being constructed. The few people that lost their house during the war still haven't been able to move back in and with more people coming, the construction would need to be sped up.

"I can help out a few days," Azriel offered up. When Gwyn was off with Nesta and Emerie and when she was training with her fellow Valkyries.

"Please," Rhysand said, he rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. "I would take you there now, but Feyre told me to stay home with Nyx."

"Why don't you take him on a flight, it might calm him down."

"I've tried that, somehow, he gain energy instead of losing it." Rhysand looked so tired, this added to a reason why he wouldn't have children until much, much later into the future.  If Gwyn wanted.... which was something else they would need to talk about. Also for the future.

"Maybe taking of the damper in his power? He might have too much built up and that won't allow him to settle down." Azriel's shadows seemed to do the trick of calming Nyx, but there had to be a somewhat more permanent solution.

"I haven't thought of that," Rhysand whispered. He stared at his son before looking back at Azriel. "Want to try this with me?"

GWYN'S POV

She didn't want to leave Azriel's embrace but she had promised Emerie and Nesta to a long overdue girls day and night.

She planted one brief kiss on her mate's lips before walking through the balcony doors and into the House of Wind, where she had agreed to meet up with her chosen sisters.

Emerie and Nesta were already waiting for her when she had walked in. The former wearing a comfortable pair of leggings and the latter wearing a loose gown.

"How are you both," Gwyn asked as she hugged them.

"Great! We have such a big day planned ahead of us," Emerie exclaimed as Nesta lightly chuckled.

Gwyn looked over to Nesta as Nesta started to explain. "We plan on spending the day in town, have dinner, go shopping, all the good shit. Then we are going to meet up with Feyre and Mor back here and spend the night together."

She smiled at the plan, she missed her sisters despite spending time with Azriel. She missed the pegasus too.

"When do we leave then?"

"How do we leave, is the better question," Emerie pointed out. Gwyn looked to Nesta, whose face now turned into one of disbelief.

"I didn't think about that," Nesta mumbled. She cleared her throat before adding, "So I guess we stay here for the day unless you guys want to walk ten thousand steps?"

Gwyn and Emerie both shook their heads aggressively, the steps was something Gwyn did not miss.

"Alright, then girl's night and day here!"

------

Hours later and the three Valkyries had read more than four books each. Nesta and Gwyn had the idea of a reading marathon and Emerie suggested reading the new Sellyn Drake series.

Emerie had fallen asleep halfway through the last book, while Gwyn and Nesta eagerly flipped through the pages.

When they finished, Nesta and Gwyn had scared Emerie awake, in which she cursed at them. They snacked on things the House dropped in for them while they discussed the series, expect for the last book since Emerie did not want to hear any spoilers.

Mor literally dropping in and Feyre flying in interrupted the discussion, but Feyre had brought with wine, so Gwyn could forgive the interruption.

While serving wine for everyone, the House set up five large mattresses in the middle of the kitchen, making the table disappear as well.

The smell of alcohol overtook Gwyn's senses as Feyre handed her a cup of it. Gwyn never drank more than one fluke of wine before. 

As they drank the wine, they settled down in the mattresses. The usual slight burn in her throat flared up as she drank, a relaxed feel settled on her. 

Too busy serving herself already another cup, she hadn't realized that the four of them had started to talk already. 

The night went on the same. They all took turns asking stupid questions and answering them and by the end Gwyn had drank enough wine to not remember what they had talked about. 

Nesta asked the House to turn off the lights and as Gwyn closed her to fall asleep, she felt a tug on down the bond. Not a frantic, worried tug but a tug of love and just to let her know that he was there. 

She sent Azriel a caress back. Mother, how she missed him even with barely a day part. Now that the bond was fully acknowledged, her desire to be with him in more ways than one increased by the day. She felt like half of her was missing during the talks with Nesta, Emerie, Mor, and Feyre. 

Tomorrow she would see him, feel him, be with him. 

Tomorrow.....