Dreams in Being Chosen

GWYN'S POV

When Gwyn woke up, the first thing she couldn't help but notice was that Azriel's scent was gone. She also noticed that a few of his shadows lingered around in the room. When she moved closer to them, they stilled. As she reached the beautiful wisps of darkness, she pulled out her left hand to touch them. She saw the shadows relax and they ran up her hand and arm. As she continued to get ready for breakfast, the shadows did not move from her arm.

Gwyn wore a cream color gown that was embroidered with flowers and crystals. It was made with tulle fabric that had solid cream dots. The dress had a corset finish with a dark green velvet ribbon that separated the top of the dress from the bottom. The sleeves of the dress had long puffy sleeves. The dress started right at the top part of her breasts, which left her neck and top of chest fully exposed. She wore her necklace. It was a glass rose charm necklace. She fiddled with it as she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress complemented her skin which had gotten slightly darker from her time outside. Her hair was cascading down her back as she didn't tie it back.

Gwyn was making her way to the stairs as she saw Cassian and Nesta leave their room. Cassian had a comically huge grin on his face, while Nesta was blushing furiously. Cassian leaned in to kiss Nesta, but Nesta pushed him away trying to look angry but started to laugh. Cassian joined in with her as they continued to walk hand in hand to where Gwyn stood.

Nesta spotted Gwyn and left Cassian's side to hug her, "So have you figured out who you want to be your watch dog?" Gwyn almost forgot about that. Almost. She had her ideas of who she wanted to pick, but she was afraid of making the wrong choice. She wanted someone who she could trust, which was no problem in any of her options. She also wanted someone who would keep to themselves mostly, but still be someone Gwyn could count on.

"Yes, I think I do," Gwyn responded. Nesta pulled away from the hug and took in Gwyn's outfit.

"You look beautiful." Gwyn felt heat rise to her face. "That dress is amazing." Cassian had passed by them, quickly saying hello to Gwyn, before making his way downstairs. After Cassian left, Nesta whispered, "Azriel is going to fall on his knees when he sees you." Gwyn felt even more heat rise to her face. Suddenly she was self conscious in what she wore. She started to fidget with her necklace.

"We should head down," Nesta nodded as Gwyn headed towards the staircase. As the main floor came into view, Gwyn was able to see Rhys, Azriel, and Cassian who stood at the banister speaking to each other. Emerie was talking to Elain, and Lucien and Tamlin where setting up the table. The bat boys stopped talking as they saw the pair walk down the stairs. Azriel turned around to face the females and his mouth dropped slightly. More of his shadows reached her and intertwined themselves with her other arm that wasn't covered with shadows. Azriel was wearing his leathers which pronounced his muscular body, his siphons gleamed bright blue in the power he held.

"Hello priestess," he greeted as she neared the end of the stairs.

"Hello Shadowsinger," she replied back and his shadows tightened their hold on her. For second it was only Azriel and her in the world. She stared at his hazel eyes and he stared at her blue ones. It wasn't until Cassian cleared his throat, that Gwyn took her gaze of Azriel, blushing lightly.

"Well, let's have some breakfast shall we," Rhys clapped. The table was filled with fruits, eggs, bread, jam, and a drink called coffee. Cassian sat next to Nesta, Gwyn sat between her and Emerie, Tamlin at the end of one table and Rhysand and the other. Azriel sat right in front of Gwyn, and Elain and Lucien sat next to each other as well.

As they ate, there was light conversation. During the meal, Gwyn swore she felt Azriel staring deep within her in. She had looked up from her place once, only to find Azriel staring at her with an emotion that she couldn't identify. His shadows has yet to pull away.