Slow Months and Thanks

6 Months Later

GWYN'S POV

Gwyn's scheduled had changed after he had left. She locked up her emotions and the only thing see she usually felt was rage. When it wasn't rage, she didn't feel anything at all.

She was now going to underneath the cliff, where the small lake was. It had become her place to disconnect from the world.

She was about take off her shirt when she heard someone in the woods near by. She turned around and her hand grabbed the hilt of the dagger that was attached at her belt. She walked towards the noise, but the noise found her first.

Jumping down from the tree, a dark-skinned female appeared. Her eyes were a deep honey that reminded her of him. Her hair was long, floppy black and Gwyn had the strange urge to run her hands through it. She had a knife in her hand and swung at Gwyn. Her face was sunken. Gwyn stepped aside easily and grabbed the female's arm. She pinned her to the floor and held the female's own knife against her.

The female panted heavily and her knife nicked blood from her neck. She stilled underneath her and Gwyn backed off slightly.

"I'm sorry, I was just looking for food," the female said nervously. Through the female's thin shirt, she could see her ribcage poking out of her chest. Although she didn't trust the female, she got off of her, letting the female stand. "I thought you would have food. I was planning on taking some once you went into the water." Gwyn kept glaring at her. "Please don't hurt me."

"I'm not going to," she said. She saw her shoulders sag lightly. "What court are you from?"

"I-um. I am from the Summer Court."

"Why did you leave," she was trying to get as much information from the female as possible to get some sense in who she is.

"I had to leave. My family died during the war and I went in search of a new home. I have stayed in Spring for a year or two," she said sadly, most likely remembering what happened to her family.

"What is your name?"

"Lennan, what is yours?"

"Gwyneth," she paused. "You don't have to worry. I will not harm you. In fact, do you want to come to Rosehall with me?" She felt bad for Lennan. She looked to be starved for months. She wanted help her out.

Her brown eyes widened at the name of the High Lord's manor. "Can I? How will I even be allowed in?"

She smirked at Lennan's reaction, "I have my ways, but you can trust me that you will be able to enter and eat as much as you want." Se hesitated and stared at Gwyn before nodding. "Alrighty then, follow me."

AZRIEL'S POV

It has been six slow months. Six fucking months since he has left the Spring Court. Six months since he had last seen his mate.

The first month he had not left his room. His shadows left him again, angry with what he had done. He didn't eat and he lost weight. He didn't feel like living. He tried to, but Elain found him before he could do anything. He went on one of the highest cliffs in Velaris and was prepared to fall down. Elain had to talk to him for thirty minutes before Rhysand came and took Azriel home.

The second month was slightly better. Rhysand had called an emergency Inner Circle meeting to talk to Azriel. Everyone took their turns explaining how special he was to them, even Armen. He admittedly felt a little better, but he couldn't help but realize that the person he wanted to be special to wasn't there. He had started eating slowly and gained some weight back. His shadows had yet to return.