Large Tunics and Soft Smiles

A/N: Get some popcorn or whatever snacks you like, because this is a long one. WC: 3775.

Enjoy!

————————————————————————

After Gwyn had told the Shadowsinger that she was ready to meet with everyone again, he left shortly afterwards to tell everyone. She sat at her dresses, brushing her hair over and over again. She told Azriel the truth, she was ready to see everyone, but she couldn't stop her body from shaking.

A knock from her door told her that Azriel had rounded everyone up and they would be downstairs waiting for her. She got up slowly and opened the door. Azriel had changed into his leathers making him look deadly and elegant. When she meant his eyes, the shades of hazel were impossibly soft.

"Ready?" Azriel asked. Gwyn nodded her head in return and Azriel tentatively held his arm to her. Gwyn snaked her arm through Azriel's and walked out her room. His scent and warmth curled around and she leaned in casually to be more wrapped up in it. "If at anytime you feel uncomfortable just look at me and shake your head. I'll get you out and we can leave this reunion for another day."

"Thank you for do this for me," Gwyn whispered.

"It's the least I can do," Azriel said, but he hung in head in shame. Gwyn hid her confusion as she wondered why he felt shame. She would just ask him afterwards.

They reached Rhysand's office and Azriel looked to Gwyn once more. She nodded and Azriel took his arm from Gwyn. His warmth fled from her and she tried not to look disappointed. Azriel opened the door and Gwyn sharply inhaled. Everyone turned to her. Every pair of eyes where on her. She let out a shaky breath before stepping into the room.

"How are you feeling," Feyre asked as she sat in Rhysand's chair behind the desk; her mate sitting on the armrest.

"Better," Gwyn said. It was somewhat the truth. She didn't feel as suffocated as she felt last week when she entered Rhysand's office.
It was progress. Feyre smiled knowingly and Gwyn turned to face Tamlin. "How are you feeling," she felt guilty that the passed few weeks were wasted in her and not on his well-being.

His beast bowed his head, "I'm doing great. Rhysand has been kind enough to give me permission of the library in this house. Lucien and I have been looking for things that might help." Gwyn smiled in relief that Tamlin was keeping true to his word.

"Anything?"

"Nothing yet," his beast said sadly. Gwyn gulped and turned around once more to lock her gaze onto Lennan. Right. She quickly shifted her gaze to see Emerie who stood next to Lennan.

"Hello Emerie," Gwyn said and her heart hurt a bit as she saw sadness flash through Lennan's eyes. She would have to talk to her later... privately.

"Can I hug you?" Emerie said. Gwyn nodded slowly and Emerie all but tackled her into a hug. Gwyn felt another set of arms got into the hug and stiffened. Once the scent of cold fire wrapped around her, she relaxed into the hug. Nesta and Emerie were chuckling and Gwyn swore she heard Nesta choke on a sob.

Once they let go, Gwyn met the Shadowsinger's gaze and nodded once to let him know that she was okay. The Shadowsinger smiled softly before making his face harden again.

"Thank you. For these last weeks. I cannot thank you enough," Gwyn said as she faced Rhys and Feyre.

"It's the least they could for Az—," Cassian started to say but as he continued to move his mouth, no sound came out.

"You should have done that ages ago," a short woman said from the corner. Her onyx hair was cut to her shoulders and her bright grey eyes locked with Gwyn. Gwyn shivered slightly underneath her gaze and fro' the entrance of the office, she heard Azriel let out a low growl.