Awake

AZRIEL'S POV

One week had passed since he had "came back to life." One week spent with his mate, getting to know her better, falling for her even more.

They had spent most of their time working or getting to know their bodies better.

Morning soft kisses would turn into Gwyn heavily panting astride Azriel, both of them utterly spent. Stolen kisses up against walls, chairs, and counters during the day. Late night kisses starting off heavily, eager, and urgent ending in soft passionate kisses. All of this with their clothes fully on, despite him being occasionally shirtless. His want for Gwyn only grew with each kiss, expanding and expanding.

He was surprised at first how comfortable Gwyn was being so close to a male. When she had told him she had no problem touching him, he felt a weight lifted off his shoulders, one he didn't know he had on. His scars had always defined him but Gwyn saw past the scars, saw past him being a bastard.

When she had told him that she was still afraid fo be touched, he was not shocked. He wanted to go back and kill those Hybern soldiers again, but with a slow, agonizing death they deserved.

He was glad she trusted him, chose him to help her break down those barriers. No matter how long it took, Azriel would be with her.

In that one week when he had not spent time with Gwyn, he had used the small libraries of the Spring Court to research carranam. He has only found one book that had mentioned it, but the information was too vague for him to confirm if carranam was truly what Gwyn and Azriel shared.

Their time together was calm and unrushed....

That was until Nesta had knocked on the manors hall.

They were sitting at a couch in the library when she arrived. Gwyn's legs draped across Azriel's lap. Both reading their own books and by the looks—and smell— of it, Gwyn's book was much more interesting than his.

Setting the book down at the stand next
to the couch, Azriel spoke, "What are you reading?"

Her flustered face only burned even more. "Nothing," she said far to quickly.

He chuckled silently as he shook his head. His shadows flowed to Gwyn and ripped the book from her hands.

"Shadowsinger," she protested as her own shadows fought against his. His shadows were stronger; five centuries of being trained, they took the novel and plucked it into Azriel's awaiting hands.

He opened up the page his shadows told him Gwyn was on.....

Nesta really did read some vulgar stuff.

Gwyn's shadows fighting to rip the book from his hands, but no avail. His mate then tried another way: by touching his wings.

Wicked, cool fingers scraped the inner ridges of his wing and he found himself biting back a groan.

Her shadows made another attempt to take the book, but Azriel held tight to it. He wanted to see how far the priestess would go to get back.

Another stroke of her fingers had him shifting his loose pants with one hand, but her shadows still weren't able to get the book.

Surprising Azriel, Gwyn moved quicker than he could process. She had ripped the book from his hands and was now straddling his lap, triumphant smile on her beautiful face.

Azriel soon forgot about the book as they both leaned in to kiss each other. But as their lips were an inch away, Nesta barreled into the library.

The eldest Archeron sister took in the scene in-front of her. A slow smirk spread through her sharp elegant face, her grey eyes softening as she looked at her chosen sister.