Indecisive

AZRIEL'S POV

The trip around Velaris went well, they had went to almost every inch of the City of Starlight, not wanting Gwyn to miss out on anything.

She had a bright smile on her face as he had gave a brief history about places they passed, alongside of telling her a few memories he had with his brothers.

He hadn't expected to walk in a lingerie store with her and when she closed off her side of the bond, his mind immediately panicked.

He had managed to calm her down by the river and hearing her worries made him want to make her have that bright smile again.

He had already reserved a place to dine with Gwyn when they been walking around Velaris, he had sent a shadow to do it.

Walking hand and hand, his mind didn't wonder to how his skin tainted hers. He only thought about how right it felt.

They walked for a little while more until they neared a restaurant with outdoor roof dining.

It was he went to without the Inner Circle. It was a quaint, simplistic restaurant that served cuisine that always made Azriel feel lighter after he ate it. The view from the roof added to charm of the restaurant; it was secluded far enough that you couldn't hear the busy chatter of the Rainbow, but the view of the Sidra was spectacular.

"We're here," Azriel pointed with his head to the restaurant.

Gwyn took in the restaurant quietly, he hoped it was to her liking as well. It was their first date — her first date — and he wanted it to be perfect. The light in her eyes shone brighter as they met his stare.

"It's beautiful." Azriel nodded his agreement.

They walked into the restaurant and the owner, Joan, came to welcome them. He was short for a fae male. His eyes were blue mixed with hues of greens and he stuck out with his stark white hair.

"Azriel, my boy, it's been a while. Let me look at you." Joan owned the restaurant for over six centuries, he had become somewhat of a father figure to Azriel in all the moments he had come here. He was one of few people outside the Inner Circle that knew of Azriel's past.

He took Azriel's face in his hands and looked at him. "I couldn't believe when they told me you were dead, I knew it couldn't be true." There was silence that followed them, but Joan cleared it up quickly by introducing himself to Gwyn.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," his mate greeted.

"Az's never brought a girl here, you must be special."

Azriel swore inwardly, Joan never gave up the chance to embarrass him. Gwyn's face heated.

"She's my mate," Azriel said as he stared at her beautiful blue eyes; they brightened as he said those words.

Joan's eyes widened and he looked to Gwyn again.

"He's a special man," he said and Azriel couldn't contain his groan.

Gwyn pursed her lips, he could feel her amusement as well as fondness. "I know."

"He might be a pain in the ass with all the brooding, but give him a chance."

He felt Gwyn's amusement turn to reverence towards Joan. "Always," she said and Azriel couldn't help the flutter that went through him.

Happy with her answer, Joan led them to the roof, where fae lights floated in air, seeming to spotlight the sunset above them.

There were a few people at this hour, more would start coming in once the stars overtook the sun.

Their table was at the corner to roof, closer to the far off view of the Sidra.