Chapter 36: Retaliation

-   Can you hear me?!

- …

- Answer, can you hear me?!

- … Who are you?

- I am-

- Ugh!

Cale opens his eyes slowly as a strong pain punctures his body, he tries to move, but the pain and a weight on his chest prevents him, immediately his still blurred vision is covered by 3 colored figures and whose childish sobbing voices sharpen.

- Human! *Sob* Human! Stupid human! *Sob*

- Stupid *sob* stupid *sob*

- *sob* We were *sob* so scared *hic*

The three children cling to Cale as they cry loudly and he awkwardly pats their little heads in an attempt to calm them down. After a few seconds Cale becomes aware of another presence in the room, a golden-eyed man sitting on what looks like a comfortable sofa not too far from the bed, he is holding an open book.

When their gazes meet, Cale can't help but gulp at the coldness of his eyes. Avoiding his gaze, Cale looks to the other side of the room and there he finds a woman whose body is covered by a black robe but though her face is covered Because of the robe, for some reason Cale got the feeling that she is upset.

"Something bad happened? It doesn't seem like I should ask though."

Shortly after the door bursts open and an old man enters the room, in his hand he is holding a cup of what appears to be hot tea. Cale sees him approaching and can't help but see the patch that covers his left eye.

- Ron, you-

-Young master, I have brought your tea, please drink it so that you regain some of your strength from the long period you were bedridden.

Not allowing him to finish what he was about to say, Ron put the tea into Cale's hands and hot lemon-scented steam permeates his nose making him frown instantly. The old man's smile, which was a little stiff, softens slightly for a few seconds to return to his usual benign smile.

Cale hears voices outside the room and then sees two blonde-haired people enter it.

- Why are you going to cry again?

- Thank the goddess! The young master has awakened! *sob*

- … Although he doesn't look very good.

- Sister!

Between emotion and tears, Jack takes Cale's hands.

- Young master Cale, we have been so worried the last few days. If only my divine powers were stronger, I could have been of more help.

- How long have I been unconscious?

- It's been 6 days, but your condition is still serious, you need more rest days.

- What happened in the empire?

- …

At Cale's question an awkward silence fills the room.

-Young master, it seems that you didn’t listen to Jack-nim's words regarding your condition and the need for rest.

- I just need-

- Human don't you dare try to get out of bed yet!

- But…

- Listen to what they say, not only is your physical condition unfortunate, the seal that your ancient powers have still remains.

Due to everyone's noticeable concern, Cale refrains from further questioning. However, he can't help but feel that there is something they are hiding.

____

On the other hand, an audience is held at the Royal Palace of Roan.

- Crown Prince Alberu, as you respond to the accusations made by the Central faction.

In previous days and due to the incident occurred in the empire where the atrocities with humans carried out in the alchemist tower and that were allowed by the imperial family were unmasked, the surrounding kingdoms immediately asked for explanations hoping to clarify what seemed like sabotage or a misunderstanding.

However, the imperial prince Adin not only didn’t deny the facts, but advised that if one of said kingdoms was dissatisfied, it could challenge them. Due to the great power of the empire none of the kingdoms dared to do it yet.

- What can do your pitiful kingdoms against our mighty empire? even if all of you unite against us, is there a difference if I crush one ant or if I crush 50? In the end, the weak can only complain about injustice, but they cannot do anything against the strong.

After the Imperial Prince's declarations and the silent outrage of the kingdoms, Adin did something much more daring and declared to retaliate against Roan, the kingdom causing his current humiliation.

In the midst of the crisis and the restlessness of the residents of the Roan kingdom, the high nobles look for culprits, but because the whereabouts of the main person responsible is unknown, they make the crown prince their target.

In front of the king and the nobles of the empire, Alberu's gaze is firm and shows no signs of intimidation, but the opposing nobles do not back down either.

- They were sacrificing our people, not only they were killed, some were tortured.

- Now our lives are also in danger, should we endanger the whole kingdom for a few?

- If those few were you, you would have done it without thinking.

From Alberu's words, the nobleman's face who intends to accuse him in front of the King turns red with anger. After a few moments the King speaks.

- Prince Alberu, you know, the Roan kingdom unlike the empire does not have any remarkable strength, if we are attacked, we will perish. Now tell me, where is Cale Henituse? the one responsible for all this.

For the first time in the audience, Alberu's gaze and voice faltered.

- …He does not-

*bang*

Before Alberu could respond a loud crash is heard throughout the room and worried voices fill the room.

- What's going on?!

- Are they attacking us?

- The Empire?

- Protect His Majesty!

*bang*

- We're under attack!

- Protect the royal family!

- Run!

Soon the ceiling of the great hall began to crumble and in the midst of the panic of those present, a man slowly descended from the sky. His appearance was unusual, but he exuded a great aura and power.

- Cale Henituse! Where is the human who dared to awaken this great being, if you bring him before me now, perhaps I will only cut off one of the limbs of you all.

The man with the buzz cut and patterns on both sides of his head looked deeply upset.