Chapter 31: The plan

- Human, I really don't like this.

- Our youngest is correct, Nya.

- Promise us you'll be fine, Nya

Cale smiles tenderly seeing the concerned faces of the three children.

- I'll be fine, I promise. You also take care of yourselves when you do your roles.

- If you have not returned in two days, I will enter that place and destroy everything, also the mana disturbance devices.

- Okay, I'll come before two days.

Cale pats the three children's heads and prepares to leave.

The five days given by the empire to the Roan kingdom are about to end, the commissioner of the imperial prince who will give the announcement to determine or not the beginning of a new war is in the central plaza awaiting his orders.

The minute hand of the gold clock that decorates one of the palace towers moves to its rhythm. Before the time comes, a hooded man steps out from among the people who are here to testify the announcement. The guards stand in his way, the voice of Prince Adin is heard on the communication devices.

-Let him pass, after all, he is the person for whom all this has been done.

With calm and lazy steps that resemble a man taking a walk and not one heading to a trial, Cale walks and positions himself in front of the commissioner, but looks other place, the communication device in his hands.

- So, you have come to surrender.

With a graceful gesture, Adin orders the guards to subdue Cale with chains.

- Since you have come personally, I will be lenient enough with your kingdom.

-The imperial prince is really very generous, but why does he speak as if my guilt was confirmed or my sentence decided? Otherwise it would not be a fair trial.

- You have taken your time, that gives a lot to think about, however, we are fair so later we will listen to what you have to say.

On Adin's orders, Cale is taken to the prisons in the deepest and most inhospitable part of the imperial palace. In a cold and lonely cell, Cale is chained to the walls like a common criminal. As he predicted, the place had mana disturbance devices.

The echo of approaching footsteps outside the cell fills the place, Cale looks at some familiar faces. The imperial prince Adin opens the cell and approaches Cale with a sinister smile, next to him is Duke Huten, master of the sword of the Roan empire and his subordinate.

- Cale Henituse, so you are the predestined enemy of the white star, you really don't seem like a big deal in person.

- I hope you have not come to tell me that nonsense.

- Due to your existence, many of our plans have failed and our priority has changed from conquering the western continent to capturing you, but to think that it would be so easy. All heroes are so pathetic.

Cale, without answering, looks at Adin with cold and emotionless eyes. Adin who has come to intimidate him, take it as a mockery and so he holds his chin abruptly to raise his face and look him in the eyes.

- I think you have too much confidence, do you think the gods are going to save you or is it due to your ancient powers?

- I wonder if I should answer that honestly, although you probably wouldn't believe me.

The anger is reflected in Adin's eyes and his smile disappears. He takes the front of Cale's shirt and rips it open by ripping a piece of it and exposing the mark of his powers on his chest, later another person enters the cell. Gersey, chief priest of the temple of the demon god and subordinate of the White Star.

- Ancient powers are not magical powers, therefore they are not affected by mana disturbance tools, however there is another method.

Adin speaks to Cale triumphantly, then Gersey approaches and puts his hand on the mark of ancient powers, Cale feels a sharp pain spread throughout his body.

- What are- Ugh

- It consists of sealing them with divine energy, in this case cursed energy.

Adin scoffs at Cale's sore face that clenches his teeth tightly and clings to the chains that restrain him.

- You should have escaped instead of giving yourself up for your insignificant Kingdom. Do you know you did it for nothing? We will send a message to all neighboring countries where we will accuse you as a member of the terrorist organization that has been playing hero to deceive us. War with the Roan kingdom is inevitable.

-… Shut up- Ugh… your damn mouth- ahh!

Cale falls unconscious from the overwhelming energy binding him and the pain. Adin and the others leave once the job is done. Adin laments not being able to torment Roan's hero anymore, someone like him has particular disdain for those like Cale. But he is satisfied by the fact that without his ancient powers, Cale is no threat, not even an adversity, he is nobody.

After hours, Cale opens his eyes and feels a painful pang in his chest, as he looks at himself notice a black star where the mark of his powers should be. He curses out loud, looks at his surroundings and complains again, he is cold and the position is uncomfortable.

- I'll make that bastard pay.

He does not know exactly how long it has been, but he assumes that it is already late because of the cold, when he makes sure that there is no one near his cell, he puts his plan in motion.

With a bit of difficulty due to the shackles on his wrists, Cale grabs the gold button from one of his sleeves and tosses it.

Cale's "Embrace" ability is one that allows him to capture in a specific object something he wants, even if he is a living being. Due to the memories given to this white star, Cale knows that his enemy is aware of this ability, but is not aware of the fact that it is not an ancient power, which represents an advantage for Cale.

- Time to do your job, Mueller.

Mueller, mixed blood whose half Dwarf, half Rat Tribe. He had two missions for which he would be very well rewarded by Cale, the first was to free him from the chains with his wit and dexterity for hand tools and the second was to find the mana distortion device in his rat form and destroy it, so, both of them can use their teleportation scrolls prepared in advance by the dragons.

Elsewhere, not far from there, a golden-haired young man wearing a mask and a small invisible dragon prepare for the speech that will be broadcast to the mainland.

- The recording is ready crown prince.

- Great Raon-nim, now we can only wait for the result.

- The communication device is shining; I'm going to connect it.

On the other side of the device was a thin, scruffy middle-aged man, Rei Stecker, the alchemist who Cale had contacted days before the event in the capital.

- Mr. Bob, we have distributed the communication devices among the people as Cale Henituse requested.

- Just in time for the announcement, thank you very much.

Alberu smiles widely under his mask, the second part of the plan is ongoing.