Chapter 18: Cursed memories

The next day, Cale wakes up early with the help of Raon since he forgot to ask Hans for the favor and due to his fame, he would not dare to try it on his own initiative. Cale regrets getting up so early until a feeling of emptiness takes hold of him, compared to this bitterness that unpleasant lemonade is more tolerable.

Cale dresses himself and prepares to leave, something has been disturbing him for days so he decides to go for answers, but before that he also needs to go to a certain place, when leaving the room, the servants are surprised.

- Hans brings breakfast to my room and tell my father I'm going out.

-Young master, you have woken up very early, what could that be so urgent?

- Hans.

- I'll have breakfast in a moment.

- Bring two servings for me and two steaks for the cats.

- Of course.

After breakfast, Cale disguises himself with the help of Raon and with the three children he goes to the man-eating tree, after feeding him he seals the power of the shield with his "embrace" ability. After that, he goes to Harris village and gives Raon directions to where teleport them in the middle of the forest of darkness.

Once in the cave of the Super Rock the three children cannot hide their amazement.

- A mansion?

- I like this place, nya.

- It's very nice, nya.

- It is our House, the place where all our family will stay.

All three children get very excited when they hear those words.

- Our house is great.

- Very cool, nya

- It's big and spacious, nya.

- For now, I just have to make sure of something and then we will go to another place.

At first Cale did not think to take the ancestral powers of this world, but after noticing the differences with the other timeline, he fears that the powers could fall into the wrong hands, so he decided to store as many as he can and then find a destination for them. Including the power of the Super Rock in this mansion, he now he has 3 of them.

- Raon, I'm going to give you some coordinates of a place a little far away, when we get there could you use heating magic please.

- There is no place in the world that a powerful dragon like me cannot reach.

The frozen lake of despair, under this was the elven village and the world tree, that was where Cale wanted to go. Before reaching the entrance of the villa, Adite was waiting for him at the entrance.

- Welcome, the world tree is waiting for you.

- Ho! This is going to be easier than I thought.

In front of the world tree, Cale rests his hand as usual on its trunk.

- I was waiting for you, man from the other world.

- Do you know who I am?

- The person capable of changing destiny. The hero of the other world.

*sigh*

Cale imagined that like before, the world tree would not know much about him, but it is quite the opposite.

- The gods only speak of you and the chosen one of the sealed god of despair. They wonder if you can save this world too despite being at a disadvantage.

- a disadvantage?

-The sealed god has made a deal with his chosen one and in return has given him a book with memories of the chosen one of your world.

- What do you say?! That bastard ...

- The book tells from your first meeting with him and is not very detailed, but it is enough to know about you, your powers and your allies.

Cale felt a chill when he heard the word allies, what would happen if the white star decides to go after his people first. Many faces cross his mind, after all many helped him in the war, if so, he has to accelerate all his plans.

- That's all I can tell you.

- Wait, you know why I can't use my powers so well?! And what about the white star? His ancestral powers are still incomplete?

- Sorry Cale, but I can't give you more information.

- Tsk.

Without being able to get more information from the world tree, Cale leaves the place worried and in a hurry, luckily he has told Raon to use invisibility magic so as not to attract the attention of the elves, once he is in the upper part of the frozen lake he gives new directions to the dragon.

- Raon, can you take me somewhere else?

- Of course, human. Is funny to go everywhere with you.

Cale heads to Mount Yellia, the site of the ancient dragon's lair, Eruhaben. As one of his strongest allies, he was also vulnerable due to his remote location that was unfortunately known to the white star, which is why Cale made it his first stop. He was to attract Eruhaben who would be of great use for the future because of his tremendous power, but he could also keep him safe in a place unknown to the white star.

Cale considered that another white star memoir represented a big problem, however, he was fortunate that that bastard did not know many things about them that were never revealed.

The moment Cale approached the place where Eruhaben lair is located, he felt as if his heart sank and he himself refused to accept the terrifying scenery. The terrible traces of a fierce fight and the completely destroyed lair was the sight that greeted him and the children.

-No, it cannot be. Eruhaben-nim, please.

Without a second thought, Cale tried to run into the cold snow, but his feet that didn't have adequate protection except for Raon's thermal magic immediately sank.

- H-human? Is something bad happening?

Without responding, Cale continues to try to cross this annoying snow with heavy breathing and his lungs battered by the cold air. Raon seeing Cale's state, uses a levitation spell and takes them to where the entrance of this destroyed lair should be. The frenzied Cale walks in desperately searching for Eruhaben, but he is nowhere to be found.

- Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Where are you?! Eruhaben-nim!