Chapter 34: Just go away

Huten kept throwing his sword towards Ron without giving him a chance to counterattack, his movements were precise and elegant; another knight and an archer supported him. Ron defended himself admirably against the sword master, but his body was filled with cuts and wounds.

Cale arrived at the scene and saw Ron fighting fiercely. Several corpses were strewn about, most of them had polished cuts made by a dagger just like the ones he had previously found.

Before Cale could react, Huten launched a powerful attack which could not be completely dodged by Ron, cutting off his left eye.

- Ron!

Giving Ron no break to recover from the impact, Huten launched what would be the decisive attack.

* Bang *

Huten's sword hit the ground, Ron was gone in a split second. The surprised Huten heard a sharp breath and turned his head to the right, Ron was several meters away, but he was not alone, the prisoner Cale Henituse was with him. Huten didn't know exactly what happened.

That was not the only strange thing, Cale who was covering Ron, had his body covered in cuts as if he had also been in a battle. His body gradually became covered in the blood that flowed from the wounds.

- A-Are you okay? Ron.

- Young master, it is an interesting ability that you have. But his body ...

Cale's second ability, instant, attempts to bend the laws of time in his favor, however, the price to pay is high.

- Ron, why have you come? I'm going to cover you, get out of here.

- I'm sorry but that-

- Ron, you left without saying anything, do you think that's a proper resignation? If you wanted to cut your ties with us you must have done it the right way, now listen, I'm still your young master, so obey me, you don't want me to throw a tantrum in this place, right?

- ...

Ron was speechless by Cale's apparent threat; it was just a comical irony that he was using such an excuse to push him away. Huten who has recovered from his astonishment ran towards them, Ron prepared his daggers, when Huten was halfway there Ron stood up, his eye was still bleeding.

An arrow came out of nowhere pointing towards Cale, before it reached its target, it was intercepted.

- What? Why?

Duke Huten used his sword to prevent the arrow from hitting Cale, leaving him and Ron in confusion. Then Huten addressed the archer.

- What the hell are you doing? Remember the orders, you'll get us in trouble if you don't.

Cale seems to have discovered something interesting and smile. Huten attacks again, he rushes against Ron, before he could reach Ron, Cale put himself in his way making him retract his sword, then Cale confirms it, they cannot kill him.

While he had that advantage, Cale was developing a plan to approach the mana suppression tool to the opposite extreme without abandoning Ron. Looking at himself, he knew that he should hurry up because of blood loss blood, if he was going to pass out then it would be the end of everything.

Huten stepped past Cale using his own sword master agility and threw his sword at Ron, the clash of metals echoing is heard. By Adin's orders and according to the information from the white star, Cale's allies would probably attempt a rescue so it was his mission to exterminate as many as possible. Weakening Cale's power was the priority, rather than capturing him. Without someone to support him, it would be easy to do it later.

Cale want to approach the mana disturbance device on the opposite side, but even with his ability it is too risky to get away from Ron, if he was successful in destroying the artifact, he might not return in time. Time is short and the new wounds on Cale's body are mixed with each other.

Huten's powerful sword moves without pause, Cale intervenes once more, but this time instead of retracting the sword from him, Huten turns it face-on and hits Cale sending him away. After all, the order was just not to kill him, but there is no problem with some non-lethal wounds.

- Young master!

Ron, who was also badly injured, checks Cale's condition which is not encouraging. Holding his abdomen and breathing heavily. Cale hands Ron a couple of items and whispers something to him.

- …The moment you hear this device make a noise… no matter what, you have to tear the teleportation scroll… you can't waste a second.

- Young master, have you another one like this?

- Of course, I brought two with me.

Lie, even though Cale had brought two scrolls with him, he handed one to the half-blood dragon, but if he said so it was likely that Ron refuse.

- I would like to see yours-

- There is no time, I must act quickly.

Cale disappears and successfully reaches the mana disturbance tool and takes it with his Embrace ability.

* Pit * * pit *

The sound that indicates that mana now flows without trouble is overheard and Cale looks at Ron expectantly, but Ron holds the scroll without breaking it, Ron refuses to leave without making sure the puppy master will also come.

- Ron!

Huten swings his sword with immense power and speed toward Ron breaking the scroll and wounding his arm. Cale try using instant again, but he stumbles and falls. His feet do not respond, his entire body trembles.

- Ron!

"Damn, one more time, just one more"

Cale uses his ability instantly with his body to the limit and collides with Huten, both of them fall. Cale is unable to get up, his vision is blurry.

- … Ron… why didn't you go?

- The young master is still bad at lying when it comes to this.

- Just go away!

Huten who has a tough physique stands up and takes his sword again, Cale watching helplessly as he approaches. Then a golden lightning strikes the swordsman. A scrawny and beaten man appears, the half-blood dragon.

- You? shouldn't you be dead already?

- You don't decide that.

- You think you can do something to me with that little power, your lightning only felt like a tickle.

It was true, the half-blood dragon did not have enough energy at that moment to launch a decent attack, he knew that, however, he could not stay still watching.

- The number of insects only multiplies; you think that will make a difference.

- We just have to find out.