Chapter 21: Unlucky

In the infinite darkness Cale does not see or feel anything, it is the sobbing of a child that brings him back to his senses, when he opens his eyes a not so strange sight greets him, three children curled up next to him are crying.

- Human! Why did it take you so long to wake up? * sob *

- We thought you were injured but the healing elf said you were not. * sob *

- We're glad you woke up!

Cale sit up slowly, to the left of him about two meters he sees the golden dragon sleeping and sighs in relief, then he caresses the small heads of the 3 children.

- How long have I slept?

- It has been 2 days, 13 hours and 8 minutes.

Raon as precise like always answered.

- By the way, human, this thing hasn't stopped ringing since the first day you passed out.

At that moment, Raon pulled the communication device from his spatial dimension and Cale lost the little color he had on his face. Cale remembered that he had said that he would just go for a ride and now 3 days have passed. Raon used his magic to reproduce the first of the many messages that had been left.

- "Cale Henituse, the crown prince speaks, where are you? If you don't show up, your father is going to do an internal riot! "

- Ugh

Cale wanted to pass out again.

- Raon help me leave a message for my father and the crown prince.

After leaving the message where he explains that he is fine and will be back soon, Cale hears Eruhaben's voice.

-The little boy has told me a lot about you, you really are the only thing he talks about.

- Don't call me little boy, my human gave me a name, Raon Miru! Raon Miru!

The dragon sighed then stood up and approached Cale who was sitting on the soft grass.

- Now that you're awake, tell me, why did you save me?

Eruhaben used a bit of his draconian aura and looked down at Cale with an imposing pose worthy of his presence.

- Do you want me to be grateful and serve you as that little dragon?

- My human is not that kind of person!

Raon slightly annoyed sat on Cale's lap looking menacingly at the golden dragon.

- Do you covet the power of the dragons? Do you want me to join your battle against the human who resembles you?

Cale raised his gaze and saw the dragon directly in the eyes, then Cale's eyes were filled with sadness and nostalgia, the dragon that still does not know him and looks at him with such coldness troubled him, even if he knew that it would be like that, he does not get used to it.

- I ... I don't care if you don't want to fight the white star, I just want ... I just want you to live.

Eruhaben was confused by Cale's response and tilted her head to get a better look at his eyes.

- I do not see it.

- What are you talking about?

- Throughout my life, humans have only felt three things for dragons, fear, envy and greed. But no matter how hard I look; I can't find any of those feelings in your eyes.

- Of course not, old man, my human isn't like other humans.

- The little boy told me that you have a power that can see the future and it is likely the reason you know about me.

- Hmm something like that.

- You certainly have many powers, but I don't feel a power like that in you.

Cale was freaked out by Eruhaben's statement, but then realized that it made sense if it was about him.

- I'm so hungry, maybe a little meat would be excellent.

- It's true you haven't eaten anything! I'll go tell these people to make you something, they do whatever I tell them for some reason.

The three kids rushed out to get some food for Cale.

- Can you put on a sound barrier? Eruhaben-nim.

- It seems that no one else should know what you are going to say to me.

Eruhaben skillfully enveloped them both in a sound barrier.

- I come from another world like this, well it is even more complex than that though.

- Sorry?

After a brief explanation from Cale, Eruhaben was certainly dumbfounded by what he had heard, but he did not doubt his words as they made sense.

- I still don't understand why you care so much though.

- What do you say?

- We are not your family, we are different from them, it is not better for you to find a way to return, don't you miss these people who are your real family?

- Ah, that ... I miss them.

Cale really missed them, he missed the prince who he could call Hyung, the Choi Han who followed him like a puppy, Beacrox's exquisite food, even Ron's terrifying smile, the conversations he didn't understand between Eruhaben, Raon and Rosalyn and the shy Lock and his brothers. Cale really missed them to the point that it was painful.

Then Cale saw Eruhaben's cold and distant eyes and a lump wanted to form in his throat.

- It's true, you're different.

Cale looked down at her and watched as his pale hands trembled.

- But I still consider you my family.

- Uh?

- All of you are too ... even if you hate me in this world, I'm going to save you.

The faces of his family from this world flashed through Cale's mind and a bitter smile spread across his face.

- I really don't understand what that's what you want boy

- When I first read the book, it was just a fantasy tale, but then I met them... The future of the book where Raon, Paseton, Pendrick and maybe even you die, where the heroes lose the battle, where the world falls into despair, is a future that I do not want to happen in any world, I will not allow it.

Eruhaben was at a loss for words when he saw Cale speak with determination and look him in the eye again.

- How would I live my days in peace if I left my family to an end like that.

-... Tsk... what an unlucky person, a human carrying the destiny of the world for such a trivial reason.

- Trivial?

- Yes, if you were like other humans, you wouldn't have to carry this heavy burden, giving such a pure heart to such a weak being is too cruel a trick of the gods, I can't help but feel sorry for a good person like you.

- What do you say? I never said I was a good person, in fact, I am not.

Eruhaben was speechless again, of everything Cale had said to him so far, those last words were simply the most surprising.