Chapter 30: The worst situation

- Cale! What are you doing?!

-*Cof cof*

- "Human!"

Alberu, who was witnessing everything, looked at Cale who was spitting blood and questioned him worriedly.

- Your Highness, we cannot let the twins of the sun die, I know this will bring you problems, but please cover me.

- What are you sayin-

Before Alberu could refute, Cale used the sound of the wind and went to where all the commotion was.

- “Human, you are bleeding again! I will use my magic, don't use your power anymore "

Jack and Hannah who were cornered, suddenly were shielded by the back of an unknown man with blood-red hair. A red fog began to fill the place.

- Hannah, do what I tell you if you want to get out of here with your brother.

- Who are you?

- I am the enemy of Arm, the same ones who used you and plan to assassinate you both in this place.

-  ?!

There was confusion in Hanna's eyes, this person who proclaims himself an enemy of Arm and knew about her relationship with them was helping her.

- Hannah, destroy the ground and take Jack, I'll cover you.

With no time for questions, Hannah does how Cale instructed her and finds what appears to be a passageway, she quickly grabs Jack, but then blood comes out of her mouth.

- Hannah!

- It seems that I too * cough *

- Hannah, jump! Raon!

Cale pushes the twins away and calls out to Raon.

Before touching the ground of the place that is not visible to others, a flash manifests and the 3 of them are teleported.

They arrive at what is the place where Cale is staying in the capital of the empire. Hannah continues to cough up black blood. She has been poisoned by dead mana, but because of her sword master physique she can bear it better than anyone else, even so, time is limited.

Cale bites his lip in frustration, he remembers Mary's suffering when she helped Hannah earlier so he had been determined to avoid the dead mana bomb incident, who would have thought that the white star to go unnoticed used the dead mana as poison.

- Hannah! Are you okay?

- Oppa, I'm sorry ... I don't think- ugh * cough cough *

- Hannah!

Jack tries to use his healing powers on his sister and Cale stops him.

- Don't do it, dead mana poisoning is not something you can cure, you should know.

- You say I can only watch my sister die?

- Maybe there is a way, but the answer does not depend on me.

- ¡Anything! ¡we will do anything!

The desperate Jack tearfully pleads for help, while Hannah continues to spit blood from her mouth and at the same time her complexion begins to suffer.

- Jack, you can't say that to a stranger.

- But this person saved us!

- You! … Who are you and what do you want from us?

- I already told you.

- Not that- ugh

- For now, let's just get out of here, your questions will be answered later.

Cale asks Raon to take them to the Super Rock mansion in the Forest of Darkness, where Mary is currently staying. Cale explains the situation to Mary and asks for her help, but he is not going to force her if she does not want to, after all it has been a few days since meeting her and apart from Mary's feeling of gratitude, she still does not have any bond with him.

- I will, young master, if this person is important to you, I will do my best to save her.

- You must not hurt yourself, Mary, you are also important.

Cale's frankness and concern towards Mary moved her to which she responded with more determination, while Cale internally cursed for not being able to avoid this situation.

On the other hand, an uproar was formed in the empire, the hero Cale Henituse de Roan had defended some criminals, which generated many questions. In the end, the empire made a decision about it.

- Five days, if the Roan kingdom does not hand over Cale Henituse for explanations within 5 days, our diplomatic relationship will be broken and the empire will regard the Roan kingdom as an enemy.

Alberu understood the warning very well, it is a declaration of war if Cale Henituse is not handed over.

"This is the worst possible situation"

Recently, Cale gave Alberu the communication device of the former master of the magic tower, which he bought with his gold plate. So Alberu was able to contact the exiled mages of the Whipper kingdom and lure them to the Roan kingdom.

Many of the magicians are already under Alberu's care, but it is not enough, he is not even sure that he can convince them to fight, in the worst case the omen of another war will only drive away the rest.

In contrast to the empire, the kingdom of Roan has always been an average kingdom, with a military force that has nothing remarkable, a war at this time would be terrible. Whatever happens, war must be avoided. However, the price is ...

"Damn, Cale, I should have stopped you ... No, those bastards from the empire ..."

According to the information Cale has given Alberu, this must have been engineered by the empire and Arm with the intention of tricking Cale and destabilize us in the process.

Alberu laments, he wishes he had more options; he does not want to give up the only person he can trust. But he is sure that if he puts the decision to a consensus of nobles, none of them will have mercy and opposing them will put him in a difficult situation to the point that they could classify him as negligent and therefore, unfit for the throne.

Amid his frustration, Alberu's private communication device rings.

- Your Highness doesn't look very good; you shouldn't frown like that if you don’t want to age faster.

- Whose fault do you think it is? Stupid bastard.

Alberu can't help but frown further after hearing Cale's nonchalant words.

- I know the situation, don't worry, I have a plan, but I ask for your help.

- Where are you at the moment?

- I'll tell you later, for now I want you to watch the recording I'm going to send you.

Alberu who looks exhausted and whose usual elegance is not in sight, reproduces the recording.

- This! How did you get this?

- I have a great and powerful helper after all.

- We will use this as an excuse for not to hand over you?

- No, I'm going to hand over myself.

- What?!

Confused and anxious, Alberu questions Cale.

- If we deliver this recording now, they will dismiss it and say that it is our manufacture. We need to create a scenario where they cannot defend themselves, so I need your help.

- Are you sure this will work?

- It's the best option we have.

- * sigh * I guess I have no choice but to trust you.