Chapter 13: Family

The next morning Cale gets up a little late as usual and heads to the dining room to find Hans and Hilsman talking energetically with Toonka, it was a strange sight.

- Oh, Young Master-nim, I will immediately have your breakfast ready or should I say your lunch.

- Hans.

- I will not be long.

Cale decided to go back to his room. He just wanted to know the status of the two guests, Toonka was definitely fine and the fact that Paseton was not there meant that he was fine too and had gone to meet his sister.

- I heard from these people that the Young Master is a hero who saved many people in the capital with amazing powers, I guess one of them is the shield I could see last night.

Cale was stopped by Toonka's scandalous voice.

- That's right, but my body is weak and that's why I can't use those powers as often or as I please.

Toonka thought Cale definitely looked like a wimp, but there was something about him that told him otherwise.

- Toonka

-!

Toonka was shocked when he heard this person call him by his name, when he had never mentioned it to nobody and did not know anyone from this kingdom either.

- In addition to my shield, I have a premonitory power, although it is also weak and I cannot use it as I please.

- Is that possible?

He couldn't believe that there was a power capable of such a thing.

- I know that your faction will win the internal war against the magicians, when that happens, sell me the magic tower.

- What? let's say I believe you, but what do you want the magic tower for?

- Well, I always wanted to visit that place, but as someone who does not possess any magic I would be kicked immediately.

- HAHAHAHAHAHA what an interesting man, okay I'll sell you the magic tower.

With that, Cale left Toonka and was able to return to his room. He had many things to prepare, just imagining it made his head hurt.

Cale decided that even if he didn't need it, the best thing would be to take the sound of the wind with his Embrace's power and next he will win the favor of the whales again. As well, since the white star must already know that he is a user of the earth's power, he needed to gather more strong allies as soon as possible. That's why he would go find Mary and Eruhaben once they sorted out the dead mana lake from his territory.

There was something else he needed to do, find a way to reunite with Billos.

- Human, what are you doing?

- I prepares for the future.

As Cale wrote a list of things for him to do, the three average seven-year-olds looked at him curiously.

- Oh, we heard from Hans that you have a power that allows you to see the future, nya.

- Human, can you really see the future?

- Something like that.

All three children were excited when Cale confirmed his question.

- Is that why you saved us? nya

- Huh?

Cale did not expect that question so he did not know how to reply, he cannot tell them the truth, he does not know what will happen in the future, but he will make sure the three children have long and happy lives.

- Human, I'm also curious.

- That's right, you seemed to know us from before, nya.

He didn't have to tell them the truth, but he didn't have to lie to them either.

- Yes, I know you all, we will be family, well I think we are already family.

The three children's eyes trembled when they heard the word Family, it was a word they weren't very related to, but it was something they definitely yearned for.

- All of us? Are the four of us family?

- Why you ask something so obvious?

None of the three knew what else to say or how to react, it was like a dream they didn't want to wake up from. When Cale saw them excited but doubtful at the same time, he dropped his pen and motioned for them to sit on his lap.

They obeyed him and then Cale patted his head.

- You don't believe me? If you stay with me, I'll be sure to show it to you.

- We'll stay, nya.

- That is right, nya.

- I have to protect you, so I have no choice.

To hide the tears that threatened to leak from their little eyes, the three children hid their heads in the warmth of the person who claimed to be their only Family.

- Hey human, since yourself claim to be my family, I'm going to give you the right to choose a name for me, I hope you know the honor it means to choose the name of a powerful dragon like me.

- Of course, I know, I'll pick a great name for you.

- Hehehe

The black dragon hid its head again in Cale's clothes and his wings fluttered.

When Cale finished organizing what he had to do, seeing the huge list made him almost cry, there were so many things, if he had the power he would definitely not hesitate to go kill the white star right now and be able to rest later, unfortunately it is not like that. Without his old party and his weakened powers, he was no match for the White Star now. Thinking of Choi Han and the others, Cale felt nostalgic and melancholic.

That same night, Cale headed for the coast to receive a couple of guests.

Human, are you sure he will come?
Cale heard the voice of the little dragon in his mind and then saw two whales of different sizes approaching in the distance. When they reached the shore, they both took their human form.

- Is he the person who saved you?

- That's right Noona, this good man saved me.

Paseton's sister, Witira approached Cale and gave him a slight bow.

- My name is Witira, I am the successor to the throne of the whale tribe, let me thank you for saving my brother.

- It's my pleasure, Miss Witira.

-We want to compensate you for this favor, if you allow me, I would like to ask if there is something you wants.

Cale smiles, it seems that this is going to be easier than he imagines. At that moment a familiar and loud voice is heard shouting behind him.

- I smell someone strong! HAHAHAHA

"Not again"