Chapter 23: Watch carefully

Before going to the land of the dark elves, Cale decides to visit the Whipper kingdom and find out if the change in the future is due to the direct intervention of the white star or a ripple effect of his interventions.

- Human, this place looks awful.

- Everything is destroyed, Nya.

- I don't like it, Nya.

On the way to the main camp of the non-mage faction, Cale and the children see the havoc and destruction resulting from the internal war in the kingdom.

- Stop there. Who are you?

- My name is Cale Henituse, I have come to see your commander Toonka.

- My commander doesn't like the ones like you.

- Go and tell him that Cale Henituse has come to look for him, he and I have an agreement.

Reluctantly the young warrior goes to his superiors to report the visitor, after a few minutes a strong-looking woman approaches, Pelia, considered Toonka's left arm and a master of the spear.

- Are you Cale Henituse?

- That's right.

- Follow me.

Cale followed the woman with the two cats in his arms and Raon flying close to him in an invisible state.

- "I don't like the way these people look at you, if they dare to hurt you, I will destroy this ugly place"

Ignoring the vicious Raon, Cale sighed and continued on his way.

Toonka, an annoying and noisy man obsessed with fighting strong individuals and with a deep hatred towards mages, when Cale met Toonka he thought that the most remarkable thing about crazy Toonka was his strong determination and liveliness.

But the Toonka in front of Cale was nothing like the Toonka he knew, the big man was covered in wounds and bruises, only a few were bandaged. Although that was not why he looked different, his eyes, those vibrant and fierce eyes similar to those of a hungry lion looking for prey were nowhere to be found, instead a bowed head with a dull gaze was all Cale he found and it bothered him.

- Toonka, do you remember who I am? I hope you didn't forget our deal.

Without even raising her head Toonka replied.

- You, the man who said we would win this war, even though I am a stupid man, you think you can lie to me again.

- Are you angry with me for your failure? True or not, are your abilities that really write the destiny. Since when are you a scared cat?

Toonka looked up for the first time, shifted from his seat and headed towards Cale with apparent anger.

- What do you know?! What can a spoiled weakling who has never touched a sword to know of horror and suffering on the battlefield?

- Certainly, this weakling does not know many things, so why don't you tell me? the horror you mean.

Toonka's angry look was replaced by one of sadness and unease and despite Cale asking for an explanation Toonka did not respond.

- Toonka, you have to know I don't really care about your war, but there is something that bothers me.

Cale kept talking as Toonka showed no reaction whatsoever.

- There is another person like me in this world who knows about the future and is determined to change it. You and me, like many others who still don't know it, are his enemies.

- Am I his enemy? Is he a magician?

The huge Toonka clenched his fist tightly just at the thought of the word wizard.

- In a way he is, but that is not why you are his enemy. In the future there will be a t unprecedented war and we will be there.

- You want me to believe that trick? Why would I be in a war with a weakling like you?

Toonka scoffed at Cale, just thinking that he would be on the same battlefield as this scrawny man was unthinkable, even if he had these strange abilities that sometimes made him look strong was not reason enough for Toonka to see Cale as a companion of battle.

- Well I don't need you to believe me now, what I need to know is if you will tell me what happened.

Due to his insistence Toonka decided to speak.

- The magic tower, the last place in the battle and the one that will decide the winner. We had the advantage, it was evident that we would win, then that appeared.

Toonka's fists shook with anger and fear at the memory.

- Three stone giants appeared, we thought they were creations made of magic and we attacked them, but it was not like that, those things were not ordinary, the energy they emitted was too sinister to be magic.

- Golems?

- My instinct told me not to get close, but I kept fighting. In less than a few hours more than half of my soldiers had been massacred.

Cale knew immediately, they were the golems of despair created by the empire.

- Take me there.

- What do you say? Didn't you hear what I said? You will die for sure.

- I told you, I'm not interested in your war, but I won't let that bastard do what he wants.

- Weaklings are the first to die on any battlefield! I will not be responsible for your death.

- " Human, are you sure about this? That person says that he is dangerous "

Raon immediately expressed disapproval of him in Cale's mind.

- I'll be fine.

Near the magic tower, some sinister but familiar figures could be seen from a distance, 3 golems like the ones Cale has destroyed before slightly larger.

Cale looked at the huge Toonka and spoke to him.

- Listen Toonka, I'll get rid of the golems, then you'll take care of the rest.

- You've gone mad? Those things have killed at least a hundred men stronger than you. Unless one of your powers is to create miracles, you will die when you put your first foot near that.

-Then watch carefully, the power to create miracles.

With those words the red-haired man said goodbye to Toonka and headed towards the golems. Just as Cale could hear it in the first timeline, voices and desperate screams came from the golems, his souls were trapped there and knowing that made Cale angry.

The sky began to rumble and rays of rose gold color began to form in his hands, before the golems could attack him, they were covered by a powerful fire and began to melt, between screaming black shadows came out of them and sought the fire to disintegrate.

Because there were only 3 golems Cale didn't need too much power, but with his powers partially sealed even just a little bit it made Cale start to bleed from his mouth.

- "I knew it! You're bleeding! it's never good for you to use those powers, stop human!"

The concerned Raon kept voicing him in Cale's mind, who didn't stop.

- Just a little more, I must free them.

- "Stupid human! Why do you always make me worry?! "

The surprised Toonka couldn't believe what he was seeing, this weak man was accomplishing something that he and his men together couldn't, then he remembered Cale's words and a smile spread across his face.

With his spirit renewed, Toonka prepared his people to fight without taking his eyes off Cale. The rose gold colored fire that consumed the golems seemed to dance around the crimson haired man, for a barbarian like Toonka who ignored the meaning of beauty it was certainly a beautiful sight.