Chapter 5: To the capital

When the rain stopped, Cale leaves the cave wrapping the dragon with his cape, after another long journey walking Cale finds the path and decides to walk along it to reach a nearby village, after a few minutes he sees something that moves in the distance then fearfully he hides and observes what is approaching.

"My horse?"

The horse that Cale rode to approach the Village that was attacked by the dragon wandered aimlessly in the absence of a rider, not knowing what to call it Cale whistles at the horse to which it responds and approaches. Cale takes the reins and holds it, he is going to ride it, although he knows that in his condition it is not a good idea, due to the wounds and broken bones the horse's gallop is only going to hurt him more, but he must look for a safer place and elements suitable for treating Raon.

The pain is unbearable, with each gallop of the horse Cale feels his body twisting from pain, then in the distance he sees a light approaching, he hopes it is not an enemy or someone dangerous since he does not have the strength to fight, but The moment their gaze meets the other person, his face lights up slightly.

- Hilsman!

- Young Mas...! What the heck happened to Young Master?!

- Forget that, do you have medicine with you?

- Why does Young Master look like this? So, hurt?! How could this happen to you?! The count is going to kill me!

- You can calm down; do you have medicine or not?

- Medicine? What miracle medicine would...?!

Unable to reassure the erratic Hilsman, Cale decides that he better make his way on his own again, but before that he starts coughing up blood.

- Noooo! Young master, don't die! Young master!

In a frenzy, the dramatic Hilsman pulls out a low-quality healing option and hands it to Cale.

- How do you have this? Even if it is of low quality, don't are they still quite expensive?

-His father, Count Deruth, gives us a certain amount each year so that we can do our training well.

- Have more? I will pay you any price.

- Yes! Two more, but I'm not taking them with me, if we go back ...

Quickly, Cale removes the cork from the healing potion and discovers the dragon with the intention of giving it to him to drink.

- Is that a ... a ... dra ... dra ... dra ... dragon!

Paying no attention to Hilsman's ramblings, Cale gives the entire healing potion to Raon, healing only a few of his wounds, however the mana potion returns a small amount of energy to him making it possible for him to hold his heart beating effortlessly.

- Still not enough, we must...!

Cale, who is not aware of the seriousness of his own condition, suffers a severe dizziness and before collapsing Hilsman holds him and the dragon.

-------

Cale wakes up at an inn in the neighboring town. Beside him he finds huddled and wrapped in his cloak the little sleeping dragon that still does not have enough energy to take turns invisible and sitting between the door and the bed is Hilsman nodding while he stands guard. When examining himself he sees that his body is all bandaged, and the small wounds have disappeared, it seems that Hilsman has given him at least one of the low-grade potions.

- Young master, you woke up!

- I'm better thanks to you, you've done a good job. How long have I slept?

Hilsman begins to hum and whimper when he receives Cale's acknowledgment and asks how long he's been asleep.

-Young master! It has been 3 days since you fainted, 3 days! I have been so anguished without knowing what to do, I wanted to call the Count for help, but I feared for my life, but you ... you did not wake up! And then the... the dragon! ... I'm so glad that he woke up! * sob *

- Three days?! Fuck

Cale realizes that he has lost valuable time getting to the capital.

- Hilsman prepare for us to leave.

- Where do you want us to go Young Master?

- To the capital

- The capital ... The capital?!

- Hurry up

Considering that they still have a long way to go, Cale realizes that it is not possible to arrive on time for the prince's meeting with the nobles, so there is no point in contacting Taylor Stan to meet with the crown prince at that meeting. Even so, he will be devised something for them to meet in the near future, for the moment the most important thing now is the incident in the plaza of terror that occurs only a few days later.

Counting the days until reaching the capital, he will barely arrive in time to dismantle the bombs, however, he is not sure if he can use Raon in his current condition to help him, so he will have to look for them himself with the help of his memories of the last time. It will be dangerous and complicated, but he has no choice if he wants to save the lives of the people there including his brother Basen.