Chapter 12: Unexpected

After meeting his father, Hans who accompanied him to the capital, happily shows him the two recovered kittens who insisted on accompanying them with their adorable pleading eyes. Upon seeing On and Hong recovered Cale smiles affectionately and tells Hans that he will take care of them from now on.

With the intention of leaving for the Ubar territory quickly and secretly, Cale tasks his father Deruth with the issue of the celebration believing his father will reject the medal and honorable mention in his place, a decision that he later will regret.

After a few days Cale arrives at the Ubarr territory with Hilsman and Hans as his assistants, by order of Deruth and is received by Miss Amiru who due to the news of the investment of the crown prince, moved earlier than planned to his territory to make preparations.

- Young Master Cale, you are welcome to our territory.

- Miss Amiru, I appreciate your welcome, but I don't think this is necessary.

Amiru who couldn't thank Cale for saving her like the other nobles gave a subtle bow like those that are reserved only for the imperial family, which made Cale feel uncomfortable.

- Not only did you save our lives, I heard that you were the one who made the investment in our territory possible, the Henituse family is also deciding to invest thanks to you, how could I not show my respect.

- It's not a big deal, I only came here because I want a comfortable place to rest.

- Ah! Of course, we have reserved the best place near the sea for you.

- Perfect.

Cale smiles, it's just what he needs. The reason why he came was not because of the sound of the wind like last time; although weak his ancestral powers are still with him and if he gets some other carelessly, he could break his plate. He has come this time exclusively to save Paseton, as a valuable ally that he was previously, Cale will definitely not let him die.

Every night, Cale and the black dragon sneak past Hans and go to check the cave where Paseton must appear, Cale also checks the surroundings of the cliff and the nearby sea, then Cale meets someone unexpected.

- Toonka!?

Cale finds Toonka floating unconscious being swept away by the whirlpools and remembers that it matches the description Miss Amiru gave when She rescued him last time, only the timing is different.

*sigh*

- Dragon, do you think you can help me by bringing that person into the cave.

- Sure.

Cale is sure Toonka won't die, even if he doesn't save him, but he doesn't feel good leaving it to his own devices in that giant whirlpool.

After several minutes Toonka awakens in the cave where Cale has searched for Paseton.

- Where I am?

- You are in the Roan kingdom, specifically the shores of the Ubarr territory.

- I ... I remember an attack, then, the sea ...

Human, is this person really okay?
Cale looks at Toonka with feelings hard to describe, but of one thing he's sure, it's going to be a pain in the butt dealing with him for now.

- You saved me? A weak and scrawny looking guy like you?

*Sigh*

"This is definitely going to be a headache"

- If you feel better, I'm going.

- You're not going to ask me for something in return.

- I don't need it, bye.

When Cale was about to leave, he saw a figure crawling inside the cave.

"Damn, what a bad time, maybe I shouldn't have brought Toonka to this place."

Cale didn't want Toonka to see Raon for now, then he should to take care of Paseton himself until he could get rid of Toonka.

When Cale approached Paseton, he managed to see a silhouette under the water approaching at high speed, then Cale knew immediately what it was.

- A mermaid?! Didn't you kill them?!

"This shouldn't be happening"

Before the mermaid finished approaching the cave, Cale deftly deployed his shield and blocked his way. So, the furious mermaid that looked injured began to crash with the shield.

- Buahahahahahaha, a strong opponent.

At that moment, the euphoric Toonka lunged at the mermaid, finishing it off with a single blow.

"How scary"

- That's it? What a disappointment.

*sigh*

Cale turned his gaze to Paseton who was seriously injured and with the poison affecting his feet, he looked at them terrified and before he could say anything Cale spoke to him.

- You can rest now; I'll take care of you.

- ...

- Don't worry, I won't let you die.

Paseton didn't understand why, but his instinct told him that he could trust this person, so he closed his eyes tiredly and fell unconscious.

- Hey you, you can bring me an arm of that thing you just killed.

- Why would I to listen a weakling like you?

Although you are definitely weak, it bothers me the way that person says it.
Cale ignored the little dragon that spoke in his mind and gave Toonka a cold look that caused him to shivers and decided to do what he asked.

- I... I'll do it just because you helped me before.

Cale took the arm handed over by Toonka and poured the blood onto Paseton's wounds, causing the skin that was turning dark from the poison to regain its usual color.

- It seems that that mermaid scratched you before you murdered it, pour some of its blood on the scratch if you don't want to die.

- Oh! Ok.

Toonka knew that mermaid poison was deadly, but he understood that he had no cure, however, he decided to trust this strange person who looked weak, but there was something about it that made him seem strong.

- Can you help me put him in the water so that he recovers faster?

- Su ... Sure.

And so, Cale led Paseton and the confused but obedient Toonka to the villa where he was staying, so that the three of them could rest.

---

- Young master shouldn't you be sleeping?! Where were you?!

- I went out for a walk and met these people; Hans give them a place to sleep.

- Of... Of course...