Chapter 14 : Absorbing Powers

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 14 : Absorbing Powers

Tuesday 20th november 2020

absorb
/əbˈzɔːb,əbˈsɔːb/

verb
gerund or present participle: absorbing
take in and understand fully (information, ideas, or experience).
"she absorbed the information in silence"

"And then I just ran home!" I retell the story in deep detail to my friends, as they watch in horror with slack jaws and raised eyebrows as I finish the last part of the horrific series of moments.

"Why...why...why....why why why why why whyyyyyy the hell did you say that! You complete and utter idiot!" Esther yells, whilst munching on a berry nakd bar. Food sprays out of her mouth and onto my face, as she bangs on about how much of an awful flirt - and person in general - that I am.

"That was a stupid thing to say Allie," Quinn strokes my back in a motherly way.

"I dunno why I said it...it just kinda slipped out...." I shrink into my seat and curl up in shame.

"What, 'wow that was deep' was the first reaction you had when he spilled his guts to you in a declaration of his undying love, yeah sounds about right," Esther says sarcastically.

Groaning, I drag my hands down my face in self hatred, he must feel so embarrassed right now that he'll never even try anything ever again! God i fucked up on such a humongous level.

"I've ruined any chance of ever being with him haven't i!"

"Yep" Nancy says with a diet cherry cola in hand, she takes a long suck at the straw and stares at me dead in the eye, "you really have."

"Well thanks for the support Nancy. I thought friends were supposed to grovel about how 'i will win him back and we can live happily together in a fairy castle'" i say in a prissy voice, mocking the tales us girls all got as children.

She scrunches up her face in confusion, "Well I'm not gonna lie, am i."

I roll my eyes, not in the mood for Nancy's bullshit. Surely it'll be okay? It has to be. Picking up my water, I take a long gulp, chewing on the end of the straw in confusion. Levi probably didn't even mean it? I mean, it's Levi? I don't think I've ever heard that boy be emotional about anything, let alone me.

Quinn taps her hand on my shoulder, "Just apologize to him, Allie and it'll all be okay."

"It really won't..." I hear Nancy say under her breath. I've had enough of her stupid comments.

Enraged, I spin in my seat, "What do you mean?"

Nancy replies in a rationalised voice, "Like I'm not trying to be a bitch here, I'm just trying to be rational? But, I'm just saying you probably just hurt his feelings. Like a whole lot. "

"You don't know that."

"I really do," she signals over to the lunch queue where Levi angrily pushes a group of year 10 boys out of the way to skip to the front. He's in an awful mood, and I presume that I may be the reason for it. Annoyed that I've been proven wrong, I rise from my seat and go to leave.

"Woah stay for a bit, you haven't even got your food yet?" Esther says.

"I'm not hungry," I mumble.

"But...didn't you say you skipped breakfast this morning because you were in a rush," Quinn says in a confused yet worried voice. Why can't these girls just mind their own business? So what I missed breakfast, I know people who haven't eaten breakfast since year 6!