Chapter 9 : Speed

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 9 : Speed

Friday 9th november 2020

speed
/spiːd/

noun
noun: speed; plural noun: speeds
the rate at which someone or something moves or operates or is able to move or operate.
"we turned on to the runway and began to gather speed"

"Levi"

"Pssst"

"Leviii..."

"Leviiiiiii!!!"

I hear the high pitched sound of Connie Chesters behind an upside down copy of Darwins 'Origin of Species'.

...since when did that girl learn how to read?

I see her golden blonde messy bun poking out from over the top and her big chestnut eyes sparkling in the sunlight, god no wonder all the guys want her. Her slender body slips off the seat where she's perched and hurries over to wear a disgruntled looking Levi scans the bookshelves.

"Levi, didn't you hear me? I wanted to talk to you!", I hear her say as I walk slowly around the shelfs, desperate to catch at least some of their conversation.

Occasionally, I pick up a few books from various sections pretending to be interested in what I'm doing.

"What about?" I hear his gravelly voice from behind a copy of Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women'.

Through the crack of some stack of books, I peer at the scene in the aisle ahead of me. Connie twirls her finger around some stray hairs, biting her lip as she drools over Levi. Levi seems unaware of her efforts, as he's too engaged in his book to notice. Obviously wanting more attention, Connie smiles seductively and cocks her head, giggling at absolutely nothing.

It's absurd the lengths this girl will go to to get attention from an obviously uninterested teenage boy.

"So...Leviii, I was wondering if...maybe...you'd like to, I dunno, go on like....a date with me?"

Excuse me.

What the hell does this girl think she's doing?

"Connie."

"Yes Leviii?" oh god no. please no.

"Leave me alone."

When I see her glossy lips pout deeply, I let out a little bubble of laughter. Their heads turn around to my direction but before I duck I see Levi look guiltily in my direction. Oh shit did he see me...

I see him turn back around towards Connie. What was he doing? Hold on-

"No...what i...um... meant was, well i'm a bit busy right now...but-"

Well he seems really invested in their relationship, i can already see the 2.3 kids and white picket fence.

"Wait does that mean you'll go on a date with me!?'' I raise an eyebrow at Connie's exclamation, surely he won't. Surely this boy has some sort of common sense not to go out with this walking barbie.

"Um...yeah...uh...sure, just text me. You have my number, don't you," he looks back briefly one more time in my direction but I'm too low down for him to see me.

Why did he do this?

I look over at a bubbly Connie, her shiny golden hair, which has been skillfully wrapped into a messy bun and her wafer thin body oozing beauty. She bites her plump lips and pulls out her phone, no doubt she's already setting the date. Her model-like figure practically sways off as if dancing on ice towards the ages 4-5 picture book section - which is no doubt where she gets her books from.