1 year ago : August 29th 2019

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

1 year ago : August 29th 2019

Time seems to slow as we run down the hallways of Bridgewater Hospital.

The constant ringing in my ears makes my head thump.

And colours blur through the tears that are spilling from my eyes.

4 hours ago, my mum got a call saying Levi's in the hospital, hours away. She got told that last night he went missing in the lake and was found unconscious, a few miles from the Somerset beach house. Liam was with Levi but they still haven't been able to find him.

They don't even know if he's alive.

"JENNIFER!" my mum screams from across the hallway as my family sprints into the hospital corridors. The sound of sobs fills my ears, bawling over the constant ringing. Jennifer looks up from her seat on the bench, make up in black streaks down her face, newly reapplied mascara gone in seconds. People move out of their way as they clutch onto each other with desperation, not letting go even after my dad speaks up.

"Where's Levi?! Is he okay?!"

It's not often I see my dad get nervous.

But right now, I can see a line of sweat forming on his forehead as he checks the small window of the recovery room, searching for any sign of Levi. Door after door, he checks but turns back when he finds nothing. Ed shakes his head and points to a room around the corner.

Immediately, I look up in that direction. A sign on top of the door says 'operating room'. It looks dark since the windows are blacked out so you cant see inside. Locked with a key card system, the door is firmly shut.

The rest of the corridor is empty.

And the walls of the hospital look more bleak than ever.

Barely able to speak, Jennifer looks up at my dad to answer his question, "he- he's still i-in surgery...he h-hit his hard and, and I ddont know w-what's happeningg..." That's all she manages to get out before completely breaking down. Her clothes are old and stained with tear streaked makeup, "i-i was with themm m-moments before they- they went m-missing...how cc-could i let this h-happenn t-to my babies..."

Ed steps in, holding onto his wife's arm, "They say they found him a few miles away from the house, washed up on a beach...they haven't found Liam a-and they think he- he's..." He blinks out his tears, wiping his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. His eyes are bloodshot and he's flushed with a thin layer of sweat.

My brother runs a hand down his tired face which is wet from tears. He hugs his chest as he rocks back and forth, with eyes red from crying. The white walls of the hospital feel small and claustrophobic as people run back and forth.

Eyes shining with tears, I stare up at my dad, whose face is filled with worry, "Dad...what's happening...i- i don't understandd..."

Occasionally Jennifer and Ed get taken away to speak with the police about updates and to see if there's any information that can help them find Liam.

Over a series of hours, people come and go as we sit outside Levi's soon to be recovery room in patience. Tapping my foot on the floor, i sniffle into my fifth box of tissues. Closing my eyes, I attempt to sleep through the waiting but everytime i try, I just hear the sound of Liam screaming for help...

The odd doctor run in and out of the surgery room in the corridor next to us. Ed tries to stop them for updates but they just scurry off in a hurry. My mum tilts up head back, crying, while her best friend casts her eyes to the floor and sobs. She sits there against the wall, mumbling over and over about how bad of a mother she is.