Chapter 5 : Telepathy

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 5 : Telepathy

Saturday 14th September 2020

telepathy
/tɪˈlɛpəθi/

noun
noun: telepathy
the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

"WE. WERE. ON. A. BREAK." The sound of F.R.I.E.N.D.S blares out of my flat screen TV. I chuckle at the television, enjoying my quiet time alone.

Seeing it's lunch time, I pause the episode and walk to the kitchen to find something to snack on. I open some cupboards and find a packet of hobnobs, ripping it open gently and taking my first one out.

For a few moments, I just look at this sad little biscuit. Do I need to eat this?

Deciding against it, I hop back to the cupboard they came from and deny myself from eating it. That was a good decision, a healthy decision. My stomach rumbles so I pull out a cup and just drink some cordial water in hopes that it calms down.

Picking up the remote, I press play again and carry on watching the TV. But even then, the thought of eating is still at the very back of my mind, mocking me.

"You know, you could do something else instead of spending all your time rewatching the same shows" my mum says behind me, "oh actually, i love this episode. Did you know that when I was young they only showed these episodes once a week. No Netflix or recordings or whatever it is that you kids do, you just had to be there on time to see it every week until the next episode was out."

I roll my eyes, "yes mum, you tell me this everytime i watch it" she perches on the seat next to me and huffs.

Next thing I know she's got the remote and turned it off. What the actual fuck.

"MUM, I was watching that!"

She drags me up and says, "You, need to get out of the house."

I look at her in disbelief and whine. I swear it's supposed to be the teenager begging to go out.

"But mum i'm tireddd-"

She starts pushing toward the direction of the stairs, "Come on Alison, you could invite some friends round or go out and meet them. Just please stop just watching pointless tv!"

Knowing I'm not getting out of this one I reach for my phone and walk up the stairs to my room. Quickly, I text my friends a quick message inviting them round for a sleepover. They all agree and I tell them to meet at mine.

I start to gather up sleepover necessities and show my mum the text, so she can walk off satisfied.

---------------------------

"Ughhh, why are there so many girls here?!" Ezra groans as we set up 'camp' in my sitting room.

Me, Nancy, Esther and Quinn have infiltrated the house with boy bands, face masks and toffee popcorn. And by the look on the guys faces they are not happy.

"Like what even is this?" Levi lifts up a pink eye mask which Quinn quickly snatches away.

"Hey that's mine!" we laugh and retreat back into our den.

Fairy lights and blankets adorn the walls of the room, Netflix and food are at our disposal and skincare products sit in bags waiting to be used. I look at the towering basket of calories - my metabolism is wailing right now - and I swipe off a bar of dairy milk oreo chocolate. I'm about to open the packet when I see one of the labels on the side.