3 years ago : September 5th 2017

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

3 years ago : September 5th 2017

"NO WAY. NO. WAY." I say as I take out probably the most perfect pair of jeans I think ive ever seen. They're a baggy wide leg cut with brown and white zebra print denim fabric...I think I'm in love...

"I LOVE THEM SO SO MUCH THANK YOU," dropping the jeans on the sofa i run over and hug Jennifer and Ed who are sitting on the opposite side of my living room.

You guessed it, it's ma birthday;)

So far, I've opened around 75% of my presents which range from clothes, chocolate and....a ball of plain elastic bands from my Uncle Steve - the one who lives in Lisbon, Portugal.

I don't think I've actually received a normal present from him.

"Oh my god, it's almost 7:30, you need to get ready for school!" my mum says as she jumps up from her seat as she ushers me, Ezra, Levi and Liam upstairs to get changed.

"But Mummmm, I still have presents to opennn!'' I moan as I practically get pushed up the stairs.

"School. Now Allie," she gives a kiss on the head but i just pout and stomp off, "you're supposed to be old now Allie, you can't act like your 8 anymore!"

I can still hear her laughing at the bottom of the stairs with Jennifer as I close the door to my room.

Mums = weird people.

Using my time wisely, I strip myself of clothes and slip on my new jeans. They're not as baggy as expected but I manage to slip them on fairly easily. When I look in the mirror, however, my confidence plummets - the jeans, they don't fit my body right. Instead of being baggy and relaxed, they're tight on my thighs and are slightly too long on my legs.

For a few minutes, I just stare at myself, unhappy at what I'm looking at.

My mum yells at me from the stairs that it's almost time to go, so I take off the jeans and wipe away the few tears that fell down my face. I will not be sad today.

Quickly, I rush to put on my joggers and get ready - since it's my birthday I've decided to put in a bit more 'effort' than usual. Basically meaning i straighten my hair.

I mean at least I don't look awful?

Hm. We can work with that.

-----------------------------------------

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" My friends yell from across the school car park as they charge towards me at full speed. Within seconds my arms are full with gift bags from various shops which are getting crushed by the bodies of my 3 best friends.

We walk around the school campus to get to the library - various people stop me to say 'happy birthday' but overall it's pretty uneventful. That is until Thomas walks over with a gift bag and bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Hey Allie, happy birthday!" he ducks and presses a kiss on my cheek, passing me the gifts. He looks over at my friends, "do you mind if i borrow her for a chat?"

"Go straight ahead."

"We won't stop you."

"Take her. Now." 

I look at my friends one more time as Thomas guides me away by my hand, only to see them making kissing noises and ushering me to walk over with him. I grin and grab onto Thomas's forearm as we walk over towards a bench. He sits down after me, leaving space between us but we're still in a close proximity.

"So, I wanted to talk..." Is the first thing he says. I stare at him, confused about what's going on...have I done something wrong or- "We've been friends for around a year, even though we both know it's been more than that, and I know I said I didn't do relationships and stuff but you're changing my mind on that. I really like you and I was like thinking you know, and I was wondering if you wanted to be-"

"Hey Allie!" Levi comes up behind me and hugs me very intimately. Like I'm talking he's pressed up right against me.

What.

"Levi...can't you see I'm a bit busy right now?"

He frowns deeply at my statement and looks at Thomas then me then back at Thomas again, "with him?"

"Who else, Levi? Who else is here?! Yes of course I'm busy with Thomas because he's the only other person here?!"

I don't usually get mad at Levi- actually that's a lie, I'm always mad at him, but it's always for petty things. Now though, I'm actually annoyed because he's interrupting a conversation I was clearly having.

Making a confused face, he shakes his head like I've made some kind of mistake. Clutching onto my hands, he looks at me up and down and places a kiss against my forehead,"Well can you tell your little friend here to step aside so i can have a conversation with you."

"Actually I'm her boyfriend."

Thomas stands from his seat, squaring up to Levi. But my mind has gone blank.

Boyfriend.

Thomas is my boyfriend.

Wait...is that what he was about to ask me?...

Levi seems as shocked as me. His jaw is hanging wide open and the entire conversation has come to a halt. His eyes follow Thomas's movements as he puts an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead. Levi blinks slowly, processing the information but then steps closer towards us.

"Allie. Can i have a chat with you about your utterly shit life choices. Now will work."

Before I can object, he has a protective arm around my waist and has dragged me away from my boyfriend and into the abandoned west block toilets.

----------------------------------

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Right now I'm perched on the damp sinks in the boys' loos while Levi paces up and down the room like a crazy person. Levi's cracking his knuckles every few seconds then occasionally kicking the odd wall with all his energy in a burst of emotion.

"What do you mean, I'm in perfectly good health." I say in an innocent voice even though I know exactly what he's talking about.

He looks up at me and runs a hand through his messy hair, pulling on the ends, "Do you realise what you're doing Allie?! That boy- that wanker is....ARGH i don't even know how to explain this to you! He's dangerous, Allie, and you're gonna get hurt if you get in a relationship with him!"

"Levi, he's a 15 year old boy. He can't exactly do much."

Levi walks up to me and takes my hands in his, "This is dumb Allie. I mean the fact he can't get a girl in his own year is warning enough. I- I dont just dont know how to get this through to you. Like I don't want to see you get hurt."

His eyes look into mine, searching them for answers. Hands still enclasped in mine, he cups my face and starts to step closer. Fingertips stroking the hairs on the back of my neck, Levi leans forward and scans my face for hesitation.

"Levi, I told you. I'm with Thomas and you need to accept my decision."

He steps back after a moment - immediately making me feel cold - while nodding as if embarrassed about what he was about to do, and walks off out of the bathroom. When Thomas walks in, Levi shoulder checks him and mumbles a series of swear words aimed at Thomas.

"Hey boyfriend."

"Hey girlfriend."

——————————

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity