1 year ago : July 13th 2019

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

1 year ago : July 13th 2019

"I'M ELEVENNNNNNNNN!" Liam screams down the stairs in his astronaut pyjamas, informing everybody in the house that it's completely, 100% and most definitely his eleventh birthday.

At 5:15 am.

I can hear him stumble down the last few steps with an 'ouch' as I cover my head with a pillow to block out his excessive noise.

Last night, me and Ezra stayed over at the Hayes house to get prepared for Liam's birthday. After 4 hours of wrapping countless numbers of presents, we finish at 3 in the morning - that time isn't really that late but when you're woken up at the crack of dawn, it really isn't enjoyable.

"I GOT PRESENTS! WOOOOO!"

Oh my lord.

------------------------------------

After being dragged out of my bed, like everybody else, I eventually end up sitting on the couch with a steaming cup of coffee in my hands.

Yes, I drink hot coffee in summer. Shoot me for being tired.

And with the bonus the sound of Liam being forced to read each and every card is honestly mind numbing to my poor brain.

Blinking hard, i awaken myself from a little micro sleep, only to see Levi and Liam tugging between the big box in the centre. I raise an eyebrow at Levi, who eventually lets go of his younger brother's birthday presents with a strop.

Child.

Liam scurries to rip open the pastel yellow wrapping paper in excitement. The box underneath it is ginormous however doesn't seem to be that heavy, seen as its lifted with ease. When all the paper is finally gone, the packaging reveals a box labelled in bright red letters 'LEGO : hanging solar system mobile  - recommended for ages 10-14'.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD YOU REMEMBEREDDDDDD!!!!!!!" Liam squeals like a 4 year old girl as he jumps into his mum's lap for a tight hug.

"Of course I remembered," Jennifer smiles adoringly at her son as she rocks him from side to side. Ed wraps an arm around his wife while Levi kisses his mum's forehead when he bends down to pass her her camomile and jasmine tea.

A picture perfect family.

Me and Ezra rush to get our presents for Liam from upstairs, leaving them to have a family moment. Rummaging through my bag, I search for his gift.

Aha!

The envelope feels crisp between my fingers as I clutch it in my hand at the bottom of my backpack.

Striding downstairs, I go to give Liam his gift, waiting in nervous excitement to see if he likes it.

Sneaking up behind him, as he slouches calmly on the armchair, I mimic to the others to stay quiet. Still oblivious, i lean over his shoulder silently so he doesn't notice me and go up close to his ear and scream piercingly high.

"AHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELLLLLL!" Liam wakes up from his zen daydream with a dramatic jump that lands him on the rug. Everybody in the room laughs at his expense, while he clutches onto his chest, heaving.

"Happy birthday twinkle-toes," I grin wide and hold out his card with a smug smile. He rolls his eyes and chuckles, taking the joke well. Extending my arm, I help him up clumsily but he soon stands tall, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek - even though he still has to stand on his tiptoes slightly.