4 years ago : July 25th 2016

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

4 years ago : July 25th 2016

"Come on guys! We need those bags in the car in 5 minutes!"

I take my bags and pile them into the boot of the adults car, the suitcase on bottom and smaller bags on top, leaving my backpack with essentials on my seat in the other car.

"Why do ya need so much stuff, i've only got this?" Ezra holds up his average sized backpack, which probably only contains 2 hoodies, a pair of swim shorts, some t-shirts and 1 pair of boxers for the entire 4 week trip.

Gross. I know.

I was only 7 when I was permanently scarred by finding out my brother goes commando wayyy too much; my poor eyes will never be the same again. It's like he thinks wearing underpants is too big of a commitment and I quote:

'What's the point in wearing them if they're gonna be off most of the time' - and yes, he actually said that.

"Because! I have at least an outfit for everyday! I might get sweaty or it could be cold and wet, so I need to be prepared for anything!"

This is a very true and a valid thing to think about - if there happens to be a disco party in -23*c weather with torrential rain and a tornado heading for us, i'm going to be ready for it.
And I'll be there looking like fire and being all warm and comfy whilst my topless brother and his naked balls are shivering from hypothermia.

"But you're packing like you're going head first into a tropical storm, and you like don't even wear those outfits!"

"That is so not true!"

"Allie, what's going to happen is you're gonna wear probably...like 3 of those tops and a couple of those bottoms on a loop for the entire holiday!"

Ok. so maybe i do over pack. But better safe than sorry!

I stomp off when I have no snarky reply to say back to his maybe slightly true comment.

But only slightly.

Teensy bit.

I place my final things in the car seat then hop in for the ride.

It's already the end of the first week of the summer holidays and we're about to set off to Somerset.

Our initial plans of going to Italy were cancelled when my brother accidentally dropped his passport down the toilet 2 weeks before we were due to leave.

The embassy people said that they couldn't get the passport ready in time for us to leave, so we were stuck in England.

It's not like I'm upset that we have to go to Somerset, it's just...i dunno i kinda love travelling on holiday - the long car drives, the busy airports, the way I can listen to music uninterrupted for 8 hours...it's just special.

Our original plan was to go to Italy for 3 weeks then go to our place in Somerset with the Hayes for 2, but now we've just extended our stay. The Hayes were fine with it because they weren't leaving the country this year anyway. And it's not like we haven't done holidays together before, so it was a pretty normal arrangement.

So here we are, about to spend 4 weeks in our beach house in Somerset with some of my favourite people.

Pure bliss.

---------------------------

"GIVE IT BACK ALLIE!!!"

Levi tugs hard on my hair, screaming as i snatch away his tube of sour cream and chive pringles.