4 years ago : March 31st 2016

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

4 years ago : March 1st 2016

I'm sitting alone in the Hayes living room on my new iphone 5s that I got for Christmas, whilst everyone else is outside. Why am I the only one inside?

Because my brother is a freaking idiot.

Ezra decided that since March is technically spring time - even though it's only SEVEN degrees - that we should have a water fight. Obviously, being the psychopathic person that he is, chasing people around with icy water is something he wants to do on a cold, wet Sunday afternoon. But unsurprisingly, no one else had the same enthusiasm.

And me being the mature 12 year old that i am, i tried to talk him out of it...by saying he was insane. I was right though. Because 6 minutes later he had shoved around 50 ice cubes and 4 litres of water down my hoodie.

And okay. In all fairness, I know it wasn't the best approach but like someone had to tell him sometime!

So now after countless amounts of me screaming and crying, my parents yelling and him laughing hysterically on the floor, I've ended up here. Wrapped in a cocoon of blankets and towels, with dripping wet hair.

Yippee.

Bored out of my mind, I tap onto the slither.io game and press start. My fingers slide over the screen, my snake avatar eating up all the rainbow poo stuff that comes out of the end of all the snakes. I slowly make my way up the leaderboard, occasionally killing the odd person.

155th place

67th

34th

29th

1st!

Almost as if I was never freezing, I start to jump around as i near my very high score of 127336. The amount of hours it took to get to that level is shameful. 8000 left 'til i beat it. Come on Allie! You can do it! I know you can! Just need to go around these worm things and get a bit more-

"NOOOOOOO!" I let out a high pitched scream when i get killed by a person in 264th place. Stupid, stupid game! And stupid pathetic little annoying worm that ran in front of me.

I chuck my phone on the floor and curl up again into my safety net of warmth. Hmph.

"Are you alwight Allie?" the timid voice of Liam Hayes sounds from the corner of the room. He's wearing a blue button up top and denim jeans with his toy 'Foxy' held tight against him. He walks towards me with his left hand behind his back, occasionally tripping over his feet. He goes red and mumbles an 'oopsie' whenever it happens. Once he's near enough, I scoop him up and place him on my lap.

"Yes, I'm all good now. My silly brother was just messing around."

He giggles and chews on Foxy's right ear, "he was being really silly wasn't he." I nod, making him smile a tooth grin.

"Now what did you come in here for?" I bounce him on my knees, like I've seen Levi do when Liam's sitting on him. I find him surprisingly light but then again most kids are.

He snuggles into my chest, "uh...um...i-i wanted to see if you were alright because...because you were sad earlier when your big brother tipped all that cold water on you and i...i wanted to make you feel better."

He blushes bright red and fumbles, dropping whatever it was that was from behind his back, "Oops, sorry Allie." He shuffles then hops off my lap and onto the floor.

When he comes back up from searching on the rug, a small bouquet of hand picked daisies are clutched in his hands.

"Umm...these are for you, to make you feel better. Mummy says flowers make everybody feel better."

He holds the bouquet out, waiting for me to take them. His wide blue eyes are glassy in anticipation. All my thoughts evaporate in an instant as I'm faced with Liam's earnest expression. My heart melts at his nervous face and shuffling feet. He bounces on his toes and I give him a definite nod.

"Well thank you Liam, they do make me feel better." he grins wide - smiling just like Levi does.

"Ooh and Mummy told me to tell you that we're going out for dinner! She even let ME choose where we're going." Then he jumps off my lap and starts to dance around on his toes, "it's going to be so much fun because i chose Rocky's Diner!"

Rocky's diner is known for its classic American style food, and even though it's miles away, it's completely worth the trip. It's Liam's favourite restaurant and the only place that boy will ever visit for his birthday dinner - i'm not complaining tho, this place had the best food in the whole planet.

In excitement, Liam takes his hand in mine - actually it was really only his hand around 3 of my fingers because his hands are too small - and drags me towards the garden with a spring in his step.

Well I guess there's no saying no now?

-----------------------------

"VANILLA MALT MILKSHAKE!" Liam yells at the top of his lungs to the scared looking waiter. We didn't even need to ask what Liam would want because he always ordered the same. Egg and bacon burger with sweet potato fries and a vanilla malt milkshake. I'm surprised how he manages to fit so much food into such a tiny body. And he still asks for more!

As for me, i - as per usual - couldn't decide what to get so Levi ordered me a triple cheeseburger, extra salted large fries with an orange fanta and chocolate milkshake with whipped cream plus rainbow sprinkles.

I'm hungry. Dont hate on my big stomach <3

"Yummy scwummy in my tummy, i love milkshakes cause they're...BUNNY!" Liam sing-songs his weird rhyme and bops his head to the beat, making everybody at the table chuckle at his peculiar song.

We're all sitting in a big booth that can fit all 8 of us, and our table is by far the loudest. People around us stare in annoyance when we all laugh or have big conversations, probably just because us kids are all fighting over each other to see who can be the most noisy.

This happened everytime we came, we'd make noise, people would stare, and the waiters would rant about us in the kitchen, but it was...special. It was ours. And it's not like we could get kicked out, we were paying customers, and a lot of them.

The red leather starts to squeak under Liam's bum as he wriggles around in excitement as the waiter nears us with our meals - the poor guy looks only around 16 and he has to deal with us. Now that's a tough break.

He holds around 5 trays of food; it's not even all of it, the plates are balanced on his skinny forearms and it looks like it's almost about to tip. I've never seen him here before and i check his name tag. It reads 'Jay' in bold, red letters - it looks brand new and shiny, like it's never been worn.

Jay places down our meals carefully one by one, finally finishing with Liam's. Liam's smile grows even further as his milkshake gets placed down, he snatches it out of the waiter's hands and immediately downs a third of it through his metal straw.

"Hmmm, yum," Liam flops onto the back of his chair once he's finished slurping down his vanilla milkshake. He pats his stomach as if he's full, but after a few minutes of recovery, he's back at it and munching down a burger the size of his small face.

I would consider myself a fast eater. In around 30 minutes I've eaten my burger, half my fries and some of my fanta, leaving the milkshake untouched until after my main course. However, somehow, an 8 year old boy the size of a peanut has managed to consume over double the amount of what i've eaten so far, in less than 30 minutes.

My mouth is gaping as I see Liam's hand slide across the table and into my cup of fries. He freezes when he sees me staring, retracting his hand at the speed of light.

"What? I was hungry?" he flutters his round blue eyes innocently, giving me a winning smile.

This boy is going to be the death of me.

——————————

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity